Vaccuum Brake Questions?

camino70

I have a question regarding vaccuum brakes. My El Camino currently has vaccuum brakes and was curious what all I need so they will work? All I have come up with is a TTA Vaccuum Block that has a port for the brakes.

TIA,
Ron

Yoy mean to switch to the GN?

If you mean switching the GN brakes to vacuum, you've got almost everything you need. The only other thing would be a break pedal assembly from a vacuum brake g-body. Or you can drill a hole in your current pedal for the rod form the brake booster. The hole you have now will be too hight. Do a search, I think somebody had posted a link to a page that showed you where you would have to drill the new hole to make your old pedal work. I switched my brakes to vacuum a few months ago, got everything I needed form my local pull-a-part for $30. The only thing I don't like about the conversion is that I can't do big smokey burnouts any more. When my car starts to build boost, it starts to creep forward and doesn’t break the tires loose until I start to roll. With the powermaster, I could hold the car in one spot all day if I wanted. :D -Gabe

camino70 alot of guys run a vacuum line from the vacuum block directly to your vacuum assist with no problems . I part out alot of GN's and find alot of cars with vacuum set ups installed. Shouldnt be any problems.