vaccum brake conversion?

666al

Does anyone know what it is necessary operate a vaccum brake set up off of another g body car . I had to replace parts off of my power master more than once and its been pretty major. i have a monte carlo vaccum set up but what do i use for vaccum since the boost is negative vac?

Not to be a dick, but this has been covered alot. Use the search next time. But i'll tell you that you need a Vacuum block for a Turbo TA to run the booster, and a brake pedal from a NA monte carlo. If you need anything Gbodyparts.com has what you need to convert it over.

Not to be a dick, but this has been covered alot. Use the search next time. But i'll tell you that you need a Vacuum block for a Turbo TA to run the booster, and a brake pedal from a NA monte carlo. If you need anything Gbodyparts.com has what you need to convert it over.

just go to your local junk yard they will have everything you need except the vaccume block you can purchase that from either fullthrottlespeed or casperselectronics.... id stay away from gbodyparts they are one hell of a horror story

just T into the vaccum in pcv on the passenger of the intake.i seen it done a few times. T is like $3 extra hose $4 as opposed to $35 for the vaccum block plus shipping

I recently did the conversion and tried to t into the pcv and the results were hard brake pedal, not enough vac. It may work for some but when I installed the vac block set up for vac brakes it worked like a charm.

For a stock-ish car that makes 16-17 in. of vacuum at idle, tee-ing into the pvc line works perfectly fine..... and if it doesn't, something else is wrong.... period....

Use the vac block vs. teh pvc . Larger port for better vac

Not true, the TTA type vac block, or a proper tee into the PCV line, will work fine.

I have done over 100 conversions, most of them with a tee, and never had a problem with it done that way. there is no difference in measured vacuum from a tee of the port on the block. :)