Using tap water

GHawz13

What is wrong w/ using tap water? I have a well w/ $5000 filtration system that takes everything out of the water. Do I still need to run distilled water w/ my alky system?

I've been using water from my garden hose ever since I put my system together 3+ years ago, and I don't have any filtration system. I did have an issue with a small solenoid jamming up from some corrosion buildup - not rust, just gunk. Aside from that, tap water has been working fine and I continue to use it. Go distilled to minimize crud buildup. In any case, its wise to break the system down and check for crud at the beginning of each season. Hope this helps.

Like DMan says, the use of the distilled greatly minimizes the maintenance of the system. Most likely your system will take out the suspended solids (copper here in New Jersey) that causes that green deposits on the porcelian surfaces in the bathroom. You prolly going to find that pure denatured works best in your system anyway, making the rest a moot point. If you do dillute (up to 30 percent typically) a gallon of distilled water will last you a very long time.

Don't make light of any corrosion that appears in the bottle. It only takes a tiny bit to clog a nozzle, so whatever you do keep a close eye on it for a bit.