Using A/C to cool intercooler(interheater)

FAMLYKAR

TURBO BOZO
I read that some of the 2003 muscle cars are using their air conditioners to cool off the intercooler and intake air. Any thoughts on our Turbo cars hooking up to our onboard cooling systems?

That would be CoooooL :cool:

Out,

Todd

It's been done. Didn't work out too well for the local guy who tried one of them here.

It used a half freon half dialene setup and the freon cooled the dialene. The guy eventually gave up and sent it back.

I poked around on Google for a minute looking for the companys website that made the thing but I didn't find it. I'll look through the local list archives tomorrow and see if I can find it.

"IntraCooler"

Ford (SVT) has developed a new system such as you have described that adds 35-50 hp, depending on ambient temps, for use with their next Supercharged models.

You might contact SVT for their in depth data & description of the
system. I read it around 2 weeks ago from an Autoweek link that gave me the 8-pg file on Adobe, but have since deleted it.
===========================================

The IntraCooler is another, earlier aftermarket system.

http://www.coolflow.com/prod1.htm <---link

There was at least 1 person that posted on this board that said he had one, and it was working quite well.

This particular company had internal probs unrelated to their product, & have not answered any e-mails in over a year at the address given.

============================================

I think it is the logical dual-use of the A/C system on intercooled vehicles, & it looks like Ford has taken the lead on its development & usage.

Wish we could buy one for our TRs today!

HTH :)