Used Expired 5 Point Harnesses?

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
What do we do with these things?? I've got 3 sets of used Cam-Lock Simpson harnesses. Has anyone had any luck selling them to Ricers?

Usually you can sent them back to be recertified for $20 or so plus shipping. Then your good for a couple of years again.

simpson doesnt recert
you can send them to rci and they take them in for a credit toward new belts
or ebay them you may get around 100 for them from the 4x4 guys

Yes, Ebay is a great option. I use to dirt track many years ago. Put all my safety items on Ebay, clearly stating SFI rating and age, and was surprised how much everything sold for. In some cases I almost got my purchase price back!

How much for a set Joey? Can you send me some pics?

For you Larry? Free.

I'll send you a pick this weekend. Just take care of shipping. Trust me, they are like brand new. They look just like this. I have cheap Autozone seat-belt pads over the Simpson labels so they don't scream "RACE CAR!" on the street.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 225
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 196
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 211
Joey, if you are giving them away Im in....:)

put them on ebay or craigslist I am sure they will sell.

Bryan

Joey, if you are giving them away Im in....:)

put them on ebay or craigslist I am sure they will sell.

Bryan

I'm going to hook Larry up for now. After I get to the garage tomorrow I'll see what's left. I always use a new set on my side and an expired set on "her"side. Just wan't to make sure my current combo is correct.

Ebay for the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can these work on a non cage car or is there a different setup for that? BTW that interior is really nice what seats are those.?

can these work on a non cage car or is there a different setup for that? BTW that interior is really nice what seats are those.?

Yes, I think you need a roll bar to install these belts. But I have seen a set-up in another thread with just some type of a cross bar that spans across behind the front seats. It's not something that I know anything about and I don't think it's legal at the track. But the board member who posted it said it was. He basically installed his belts like the import street guys do using there type of set-up.

My seats are factory Buick offered in 84-85 TRs. I had the interior done in all black fabric about 1 and a half years ago.