Upper a-arms which is better

turbognx75

Thinking of doing upper a arms tubular....
Which ones r good and should I use adjustable or non adjustable....what's the ups and downs of adjustable and non adjustable....I figure non I can bolt up and be done???

I recently installed the G body parts upper control arms and yes its a very easy replacement. Of course I did my spirings, shocks, ball joints and lower control arm bushings. It's a quality part for the price. If you have no alignment issues I would use Non adjustables and be done. Just make sure you keep the shims together and know what side is what so you can put them back in with the bolts.

SPC adjustable upper a-arms are great. They are bulletproof and you never use shims again.

Crap that's 50/50

Can u tell if this is an spc arm
Thanks

Attachments

• image-1414114720.jpg
    image-1414114720.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 122
Looks like it, yes. Adjustable uppers only have benefits, no drawbacks other than price. You get many more options as far as caster/camber goes and you get rid of shims (which always bothered me anyways)

Question do the upper and lower control arms take the same size bushings or they different size from upper to lowers???

While the adjustable ones are nice they have had some issues from heavy duty use. I'm not saying that all of them bend but there have been a few issues with them bending even under normal use. Most don't need an adjustable one but want them for bling factor for some reason. Regualr tubular ones are very effective and won't give you any issues getting an alignment and are much stonger than the stock arms as well as less expensive than the adjustable ones.;)

You will never get a cut an dried answer asking that question because it boils down to opinions, like "What color is better Black or White"? Either way once your done getting your alignment you will never fool with the adjustments nor will you fool with shims! The biggest thing is "What will you be doing with the car" Street driving, Spirited street driving, Auto-X ?? To me if your doing nothing but street driving or even spirited street driving there are other things your money would be better spent on unless you just want the look....

Mainly street driving and once in a while drag strip...I need to replace upper bushings that's gunna be a job in itself I just wasn't sure if I should use stock control arms and put new bushings in or buy some that are ready to bolt on and better then stock either way it will be a pain in the ass job, just wasn't sure what really to go after....thanks for replys

The nice thing about the aftermarket uppers is that you can get them with a bronze bushing that you grease so the bushings don't burn out like the stock ones. You can also get replacement bushings and shafts fairly cheaply if something happens.;)

Mainly street driving and once in a while drag strip...I need to replace upper bushings that's gunna be a job in itself I just wasn't sure if I should use stock control arms and put new bushings in or buy some that are ready to bolt on and better then stock either way it will be a pain in the ass job, just wasn't sure what really to go after....thanks for replys
Nice new bushings in the stock arms will be the way to go for your intended driving habits, plus it will be WAY cheaper! Just go back with a stock replacement rubber bushing and use a heat shield on the passenger side to keep future heat from destroying the passenger upper bushing near the DP.