upgrading my brakes to 12 inch brakes

artmor79

I been piecing this together for some time now and finally i am getting somewhere. I got this off the 98-02 camaro. Same set up you have seen time after time but here is my set up.
Got the brackets and hub off a dealer online thru paypal and everything fit like a glove.
Got the rotors from napa for cheap (i would say) still need the pads but those will have to wait.

Attachments

• HPIM7833.jpg
    HPIM7833.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 369
  • HPIM7852.jpg
    HPIM7852.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 361
  • HPIM7876.jpg
    HPIM7876.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 377
Looks good!!! Reds my favorite color !! What kinda wheels you gonna use to show them off?

rims?

i like the way these look you should be able to see the brakes with these on!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• american_racing_torq_thrust_m_anthracite_500.jpg
    american_racing_torq_thrust_m_anthracite_500.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 334
Just did mine over the last few weeks ...

Attachments

• LS1%20mod%20spindle%201.jpg
    LS1%20mod%20spindle%201.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 340
  • modified spindles 3.jpg
    modified spindles 3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture 217.jpg
    Picture 217.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Picture 227.jpg
    Picture 227.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 354
looks great guys... you will love the feel of the PBR calipers ... and its sooooo easy to do pad swaps now..... just remove the pin... no need for ratchets....:)

ps - are you guys gonna upgrade your rubber lines to braided teflon.... im sure it will help the "feel" as well, because it doesnt expand like the rubber lines...

looks great guys... you will love the feel of the PBR calipers ... and its sooooo easy to do pad swaps now..... just remove the pin... no need for ratchets....:)

ps - are you guys gonna upgrade your rubber lines to braided teflon.... im sure it will help the "feel" as well, because it doesnt expand like the rubber lines...

Hey thanks! Yes, I'm considering getting the braided lines within the next couple months. I had them on my red car. I knew I should have scavenged them before I put it for sale. :biggrin:

i think i will

I have it all planed in my budget so i hope i get them. The car was sitting in a field for some time so i gutted it and starting over. I am going to replace all the brakes lines front to back in hopes that this car stops on a dime. here are some of the completed stuff i have.

Attachments

• HPIM7840.jpg
    HPIM7840.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 339
na they are painted with por15 so far i am loving the look now i just need to tackle the frame so i can start building it back up. here is some more pics

Attachments

• HPIM7846.jpg
    HPIM7846.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 284
  • HPIM7845.jpg
    HPIM7845.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 280
Im too lazy to search so, do these fit inside 16" GTAs

one easy way to find out would be to track down someone with a 98-02 F body and see if they'll let you mount up your wheels on their car. maybe offer them a couple of bucks for the trouble of watching you do all the work.

Im too lazy to search so, do these fit inside 16" GTAs

Maybe. I have the non-dimpled (welded-in center section) GTAs and they DO NOT clear the LS1 caliper in my set-up. It's not the diameter of the rim that's the problem; it's the thickness of the caliper and its interference with the mounting face of the GTA rim. I have to run a small spacer (like 5mm or something like that) to keep the rim off the caliper. I think I posted something about this on the TBs.com, but I can't access that site right now for some reason to post the link. I'll try to remember tonight to look and see if I can find it.

I do not know if this is a problem for dimpled GTAs or if this is solely a problem I alone experienced for some reason.

Mike

looks like the calipers will clear without a spacer once the brake pads wear down a bit and the caliper is pulled in a little.