Upgrading Lines AN Fitting Question

Why argue about this? Do it the way it works best for your car.
Ttype6... 700 RWHP or FWHP?

My original question has not been answered ... This is an OUTRAGE !
I forgot your original question but I remembered that you said you still have the stock lines in tacked. It looks like you're still going to do this no matter how difficult it is. For what? You have an almost stock car. WOW! Yes,you'll need to have some welding done. You might be able to get an adapter fitting but it would still have the Saginaw fitting. It would have a larger ID than the stock line which would be good,but probably not good enough for you. So you'll need to cut the end off of the fuel rail and have an AN fitting welded onto it. Search Summit. They will have something. Speedway Motors will probably have something also. Calling either would be the fastest way to find the part.

Thanks for the advice I havent replaced anything and didnt know I was going to have to weild , so I may post pone that aspect

Thanks for the advice I havent replaced anything and didnt know I was going to have to weild , so I may post pone that aspect

You don't necessarily have to weld. You could use the fitting in the link shown above that will screw into the fuel rail,but it will have a smaller ID than your new line. It will be a larger ID than the stock line and if you drill it out it could be even bigger. It's not a problem,but if you think you need a larger diameter fuel supply line,you'll end up with the stock small diameter line at the fuel rail with a piece of larger diameter line in front of it. You'll still have what you believe to be an area that is to small for your needs and the transition from -10 to -6 won't be gradual. You would still be no better than you would be if you drilled out the restrictive areas of the fuel supply line and you're not at a point where you even need to do that. The abrupt transition from -10 to -6 would probably be a restriction because of the abrupt change in diameter.

-10 is super over kill!

If you would have gone with a double pumper,you would have no need to modify your return line. You've purchased a pump that is able to move more volume than the return line can accommodate at low fuel demands. This creates three problems. The first is that you might not be able to get low enough fuel pressure at an Idle so you'll need a less restrictive return line. The good news is that all you need to do to fix this problem is to drill out the Saginaw fittings on the return line. Problem two is that you'll be needlessly heating up the fuel because so much more gets returned to the tank during low fuel demands of the motor. The third problem is that you have only one pump and,if you continue to make more power,you'll eventually run out of pump.

One more thing,compare the ID of the outlet of your new pump to the ID of your -10 line.

Yawn....Just put the pump in the car with a paperless filter and see how it goes. Watch the duty cycle, a/f and fuel pressure. Its not that mean of a pump on E85. Its better than a 255 but not a Weldon or Magnafuel LOL

I forgot,your running E85. You shouldn't have a problem with the return line. Ethanol doesn't attack the stock paper filter like the rumors suggest. Stock AC Delco works great.