Upgrading Lines AN Fitting Question

DMAC

I am going with the PETE coated lines using a -10 A for the feed line and a -6 A for return line, I have the upgraded sending unit and the 386L/hr pump from race tronix

I will need a
-10 to -8 male adaptor to connect to sending unit
-6 An male to connect to sending unit

My car is at a location and what will I need to connect ot the fuel rail ? does anyone know what size connectios I would need to order ?

For Refernce STAY AWAY FROM FROZENBOOST they have jacked up my order and still no parts in a week !! I am canceling my order and going through Sumitt Racing

I never had a problem with frozen boost, wonder whats up the lines are top quality.

One tip, use the same brand fittings as the hose, especially with teflon hoses. VERY IMPORTANT, slight variances between brands so be careful.

I am going with the PETE coated lines using a -10 A for the feed line and a -6 A for return line, I have the upgraded sending unit and the 386L/hr pump from race tronix

I will need a
-10 to -8 male adaptor to connect to sending unit
-6 An male to connect to sending unit

My car is at a location and what will I need to connect ot the fuel rail ? does anyone know what size connectios I would need to order ?

For Refernce STAY AWAY FROM FROZENBOOST they have jacked up my order and still no parts in a week !! I am canceling my order and going through Sumitt Racing

What a waste of money.

To clarify they are the braded stainless lines that are coated , I dont know how replacing 20 year old lines and increasing the size of the straw is destructive

NO! STOP BUTCHERING THE STOCK LINES! THEY'RE NOT A PROBLEM!

Excessive restriction at high flow causes the internal relief valves in the pumps to open and the fuel pressure regulator to bounce.

Fuel pressure data with stock fuel lines and double pumper:
rattyfuel.jpg

To clarify they are the braded stainless lines that are coated , I dont know how replacing 20 year old lines and increasing the size of the straw is destructive

You're chopping up a valuable car while under the wide spread false belief that the stock lines are restrictive. You're spending time and money on a non-existent problem.

Excessive restriction at high flow causes the internal relief valves in the pumps to open and the fuel pressure regulator to bounce.

The pressure relief valve blows open (lowering fuel pressure) at the time you need pressure the most. The relief valve should be made inoperative for this reason. This is why Red Armstrong's pumps out performed the competition.

When flow increases through the stock lines to a point where the gauge starts bouncing the fix is to get rid of the restriction causing this. Did you take the time to evaluate the fuel supply system? No,you replaced everything and assumed it was all necessary. There are four areas on the fuel supply line that house O-rings. These areas are a bottle neck. If you enlarged these areas of the supply line with a .299" drill,the bouncing and erratic fuel pressure stops. If you fix the cause of the problem this way,no one can tell that the supply line has been modified.

I'm making over 700 HP at 28-29 lbs of boost with my TE67 on E85. My pressure is rock steady with the stock lines. I did,however,have to purchase a drill so I can't say it cost me nothing. Red Armstrong makes 1,000 HP on gasoline with the stock lines.

Do you still have the stock lines on your car?

Yes, but I'm not going to say he's butchering his car because he removed the fuel lines...That's ludicrous, you are acting like he's taking a hole saw to it...if he does it correctly there's no reason he can't put the stock lines back on someday if he chooses.

By the way if I was going to convert my car to e85 I don't know that i would keep the stock lines.

easy there bro . I am not putting 24 inch spinners on my beloved beauty... I am replacing some 20 year old rubber hoses .....

I may not be the best use of money ... but I still get a greater return from her than when I throw money at wild women lol

The pressure relief valve blows open (lowering fuel pressure) at the time you need pressure the most. The relief valve should be made inoperative for this reason. This is why Red Armstrong's pumps out performed the competition.

When flow increases through the stock lines to a point where the gauge starts bouncing the fix is to get rid of the restriction causing this. Did you take the time to evaluate the fuel supply system? No,you replaced everything and assumed it was all necessary. There are four areas on the fuel supply line that house O-rings. These areas are a bottle neck. If you enlarged these areas of the supply line with a .299" drill,the bouncing and erratic fuel pressure stops. If you fix the cause of the problem this way,no one can tell that the supply line has been modified.

I'm making over 700 HP at 28-29 lbs of boost with my TE67 on E85. My pressure is rock steady with the stock lines. I did,however,have to purchase a drill so I can't say it cost me nothing. Red Armstrong makes 1,000 HP on gasoline with the stock lines.

Post transducer data. Unfiltered signal. If you are using a gauge, it's useless.

I knew of the drill bit trick on the stock lines before I went through my fuel system. Regardless, no regrets about the $500 bucks or so spent on hoses fittings and filters. I decided to do it right.

Locking down a pressure relief valve so it's no longer functional and proceeding to run a fuel pump well beyond it's design limit may not be good for the pump.

Yes, but I'm not going to say he's butchering his car because he removed the fuel lines.By the way if I was going to convert my car to e85 I don't know that i would keep the stock lines.

I'll bet they are not in any shape to be put back on. This is the biggest current trend in the Turbo Buick community. You guys are replacing your lines because you think the stock lines can't get the job done. You blindly believe this to be necessary while others are making more power than you with the stock lines. Your blind decisions are causing others to do the same needlessly. I hope some of them will read this and save their lines. This isn't just an E85 thing. People are doing this with gasoline. It's a waste of money and it's needles. How does my experience with E 85 not stop you from thinking about replacing lines if you switch to E85?

easy there bro . I am not putting 24 inch spinners on my beloved beauty... I am replacing some 20 year old rubber hoses .....

I may not be the best use of money ... but I still get a greater return from her than when I throw money at wild women lol

You know we're not talking about replacing the rubber lines up front with exact duplicates for better eye appeal. We're talking about replacing everything from the tank to the fuel rail and sometimes even the fuel rail and some times dual feeding the fuel rail.

The 24s are easily returned to stock.