Upgrades to stock motor

Oh btw. The ptc 9.5" is 3000 stall.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1383214545.271462.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If the stock turbo is in good shape, no play or smoking issues, wouldn't it be more beneficial to go with Razors Alky kit than a bigger turbo ? You could then run 20-22 lbs of boost to make more power and it would be cheaper than buying a new turbo/converter combo. You could even install a Dutt neck on your stock intercooler or buy one already done to get rid of the restriction the stock neck has and free up some boost at the same time. The $$$ you would save you could put towards a new RJC 3" DP and PowerPlate, I bet this combo would get you smiling ear to ear. Just my 2 cents.

The first time you lay into the throttle with alky will make you smile from ear to ear. Alkycontrol is one of my favorite vendors for anything I buy even non car related. Julio is one helluva guy. Either switch to E-85 or add alky. Both make for a fun ride. Just depends on availability in your area.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This happens every spring and fall so please don't take this wrong. We see a lot of newbys every year and some will come in with a idea that even though they have a stock car, a few bolt ons will help them to bust 10's and not have any problems. Get all the protection you can on the thing so you don't blow it up easily. Once you do that stick with the stock turbo for now until you understand how things work. It's very possible that once you get to this point you may blow the tranny but it might survive. If it does then worry about changing things like the converter and turbo. The reason I say this is because no matter what happens once you start modifying it you'll quickly find the weakest link, and once you get that fixed you'll find the next one. One of the older sayings is build it for the 10's and run in the 11's and it'll live. If you build it for the 11's and start shooting for 10's you're going to break something and it ain't gonna be pretty.;)