upgrade springs and struts

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
They suck on every gtp I've driven. I've read the the regal gts package, olds intrigue and police impalas got the stiffest setups. Where's the cheapest place to get them?

The best setup are the factory Bilsteins from a late model Grand Prix GXP. Had them in my old Regal GS and they were unbelievable. Unfortunately they are almost impossible to find and will cost you about $1300 brand new.

Other than that, people seem to like Vogtland springs (~ 1" Drop) and KYB Exel-G or AGX adjustable struts. If you want to stay stock height, look into the Impala 9C1 struts/springs, they will make the car ride a bit higher than stock, but are a bit firmer and ride nice. Theyre also pretty expensive unless you can get a good used set.

Whatever you do, dont buy Monroe Quick Struts, they ride softer than the factory stuff. I just bought a 2000 GS for my wife and the previous owner just had them put on and I absolutely cant stand how they ride, the car floats like a 70's Lesabre. My GS has 170k on the original struts/springs and I prefer that to the Monroes, absolute junk.

The gmpp stuff should be on the fleet stuff right? The larger sway bar and brakes are. Or does it depend which of the three fleet package the car has?

I don't think they got adjustable struts but maybe stiffer springs with one inch higher ride height

you mentioning 1" higher ride height made me think of reading posts where people have gone with rear springs from Olds Intrigue's to gain 1" ride height to lessen the saggy rear look of other w bodies, just adding that little tidbit to the thought process.