Upgrade help

needforspeed150

To many cars and motorcycles
My GN has 30 k on it. I've had it about 12 years. Had another when married but that was then and this is now.
I would like some ideas on upgrades if possible in order of importance to get it into more of current tech as far as speed. It runs good and just fixed a trans issue so ready to have some HP /torque improvements
Items installed
Exaust 3" with high flow cat and pitbull mufflers
3" downpipe
Tin Man cold air intake.
fuel pressure regulator, adjustable
Fuel pump hot wire.
Walbro fuel pump
All added supports to body, and frame available have been installed

Should I put in a fast xfi computer to start or start with other things and build off of that. I am thinking everything from Torque converter , Turbo(specific) , intercooler, injectors, maf, map etc Suggestions, help would be appreciated from people that have had combinations that worked for them. As far as what I am looking for is something that will be on the street mostly. To give you an idea where I come from I run a '63 Vette with 327 with 11 to 1 comp. with cam of 525 lift and 300 adv. lift.

Cruiser, race car, street/strip? How fast/quick do you want to go at the strip? Just a cruiser? Mileage a concern? Highway trips?
I can't see going to a fast XFI but I dont know what you want to accomplish. Maybe a set of 60 lb injectors, a 28-3000 stall converter, and a step or two up on the turbo. I'd say a ta49 but that is kinda outdated with some of the new stuff that's out now. Maybe a lt1 maf and translator for reliability. And a scanmaster to see what you have and a power logger to do the tuning easier with the new tt chip for the larger injectors. An Alky kit so you can turn up the boost or go with larger injectors and e85 if it is available in your area. You see how this could go.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Mileage not a issue. Not planning Highway trips. This car doesn't get that many miles. Street /strip would be a general category, How fast / quick is a loaded question, I guess 11.s or better.
Thanks TexasT . Yeah That's what I'm looking for. That falls in to the updates I had been thinking.

Last edited:
ALKY will put the biggest smile on your face...until the tranny gives out from the added power.

Bryan

How fast / quick is a loaded question, I guess 11.s or better.
its a very important one.on a turbobuick a set of tires, fuel pump,hotwire,alky injection,scanmaster,gutted cat,shift kit and trans cooler with other small items can attain 11 sec passes.its a real big power increase from stock but the trans should really come out.that can be done in an afternoon and for not a lot of money.now to go further bigger turbo,injectors,drivetrain,downpipe,converter,bigger intercooler,rear end upgrades,suspension upgrades,and not to mention the safety equipment to run under 11.49.choose wisely

What can you do to a transmission in an afternoon for not a lot of money to make it live?

Trans cooler and larger boost valves and spring in the pump.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk