upgrade ecu, ignition, coil

wknox

Willie
someone have a complete list of parts for the upgrade for 85 to 86/87 upgrade.

thanks in advance.

willie

85 Type T
Silver w/blackout

This has been covered many times it's not so hard to do just need a few parts to get started first off let me say it's a good upgrade secondly do a search on this hotair section just type in "86/87 ECM upgrade " and u will find recent threads from this year including mine as I just did mine a few months ago but for starters get urself a 86/87 ECM, a stock 86/87 GN chip, a stock good working MAF sensor and there ya go ur check engine light will come on though because our hotairs didn't come factory with IAT sensor, u can buy one wire it up and install it to eliminate the check engine light or simply order urself a TT chip and request for the IAT sensor to be burned off and u won't have to worry about it ..... Do a search on those key words I put up top and Ull have plenty of info to do this easy upgrade " it's all plug n play"

I highly recommend it. I have done it on my 85...Type II coil and module swap. And 87 ECM along with a TT chip from eric. With just those swapped you can run a scanmaster and take the guess work out of tuning.

up ecu, coil, module

thanks guys,

Where did you get your parts, local parts store or fourm vendors?

thanks
willie