Updates on TurboTweak SyTy stuff

Eric Stage I

TurboTweak Guy
We are very close on the Scanmasters, just trying to iron out setup details, 2-bar vs 3-bar, etc. For those in the SyTy world that don't know what a Scanmaster is, it's basically a small scantool that you could sit up on the dash or wherever. It doesn't require a laptop and will display most of the important data for troubleshooting. It's not a datalogger, it's meant for taking quick readings, and it will also display knock retard and wideband O2 on the same main screen. They've been pretty handy in the turbo Buick world for years for getting quick data without having a laptop in the car.

The new chip, known as the Velosyty chip, is 95% there. We developed a new memcal adapter and there are test chips out there.
Right now, I'm working on finalizing the user adjustable features, and rewriting when the barometric pressure is taken so it's more consistent.
The chip has 7 user adjustable features that are adjusted using a procedure with the gas pedal and watching a scantool. You'll be able to make some basic adjustments to fuel, timing, and boost control. It stores the changes in the ECM memory, so they will stay there as long as you don't disconnect power to the ECM. If it loses power, it will go back to the default tune.

This is a closed loop chip, so it requires a stock type O2 to remain connected. But, it also will read a wideband O2 connected to the ECM, not just for logging, but with the option of closed loop control at full throttle. You set a target A/F in the chip, and it will add/subtract fuel to try to maintain that A/F. This can be a good tuning aid.

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now. Thanks to Bob Bailey for his help on the development.

Regards,
Eric

That's awsome! So it sounds like a 6.0 chip or similar? We are in the middle of putting our Sy back together (complete engine rebuild and fresh trans.

How the progress going on the SyTy chip coming? Looking forward to getting our hands on one.

I'll have to get a scanmaster when it comes out, I'm sure this will be a very hot item in the SyTy community. :)

Yes, the chip is ready. It can be ordered at my online store.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Eric