Update on my nephews ride

postal

Peoples champ runner up
As most of you know my nephew died in a crash in a buddies T-Type back in July. His parents gave me his car, and I decided to finish off what he was dreaming about doing with his car instead of just putting it back together. He had a stage 2 on center block and a 3.59" stroker crank, he had finished college, landed a good job, and was going to build his GN up to be nasty. He was finally escaping being trapped in the bang for the buck catagory of a college student. This is what I had already, purchased, or have on order:

4.1 Stage 2 on center block with no damage or sleeves, which is
actually .070" below the standard 4.1 stage bore. (its at 3.930")
BMS 3.59" stroker crank turned 20/10
6.5" Carrillo rods
BRC pistons
PTE solid roller cam
Crane solid roller lifters
Milodon gear drive
3 stage Weaver bros. dry sump oiling system
Chapman ported stage 2 heads
Crane roller rockers
Edelbrock tunnel ram converted to fuel injection
ATR coated twin turbo headers
dual ball bearing 61 turbos (GT 35R compressors) with P-trim turbine wheels
and 4 bolt .68 a/r turbine housings
A pair of 1000 hp liquid intercoolers, one for each turbo
Barry Grant king sumo fuel pump
160 # injectors
Weldon regulator
Big stuff 3 wide band ecu
MSD dis 4 ign amplifier
Built turbo 400 with Coan brake
Art Carr 9" torque convertor (should stall around 5000 rpm @ 10#)
Weld pro stars with front runners and good year 30x10x15's
Fiberglass cowl induction hood

If you look at that list you can say off the top: Stage 2 headed stroker motor with twin dual ball bearing turbos, dual liquid intercoolers, tunnel ram intake, solid roller cam, and dry sump oiling. I think the car being built up to these specs would even exceed my nephews imagination. My nephew was my very good friend and anything short of the absolute baddest / coolest set up I could come up with would not do.

This car is not being built to make banzi passes. Its being built as a memorial to honor him. The car will only make low boost 9 second passes. I can not afford to maintain a car at the 8 second level. My only performance goal for the car is to break 150 mph in the quarter. NHRA requires the car to have a parachute installed if you break 150 mph. If the car winds up with a chute installed because its fast enough to be required to have one you can say:

Is it cool.....

Twin dual ball bearing turbos, liquid IC's blah blah blah.... Yep it's cool

Is it NASTY.....

They made me put a parachute on it..... Yep it's NASTY

Is it street legal....

As long as you dont talk to an emission inspector... Yep!

Is it fast on pump gas....

STFU!

Jason

Jason... great job..

Dont get too carried away.. we want to see it at BG next year..

I'll lineup with you on pump gas :wink:

Jason... great job..

Little early to say that man, because I got to follow through. I can say that I could have built a TSM style GN out of it and it wouldn't have cost much at all! That would have been building the car for me though and I did not feel comfortable with that. He wanted a nasty stage 2 croud pleaser and it will have more than enough hardware to do that.

Dont get too carried away.. we want to see it at BG next year..

Don't get too carried away... you forget who you're talking to! I have absolutely no self control. Once my mind gets rolling it won't let up. I'm a slave to my imagination, but I'm almost never bored.

We want to see it at BG next year... That would be awesome but the almighty american dollar that makes the world turn will be my biggest enemy. I have done a VERY good job shopping for this build up. I'm way farther along than I should be and have way cooler parts than I should have for the money I've spent. The problem is that good shopping or not the amount of money involved is hard to consider reasonable and no way in hell can a regular guy like me or most other board members call it cheap. I'll be so far in hock when this is all done that all I'll be able to afford to do is wash and wax it!

I'll lineup with you on pump gas

I've never driven anything before that can compare to what this thing should be. You may want to keep your distance until we find out if I have what it takes to drive a fast car. :eek:

Jason

Long way to go, Short time to get there

Hi All,
I am Postal's ex-brother-in-law, Andy's Dad.
Getting to the Nat's is a hopeful priority, likely?...don't know.
There is a lot to do before then, and it won't do justice to just beat that deadline. Maybe we'll make it...maybe we won't, what is important to us is
finishing a memorial to Andy. Quality, attention to detail, and SAFETY are of utmost importance. We don't need anymore bad senario's going down, we've been through enough already. I have told Postal that it will be a proud day
seeing these two cars finished and side by side at the Nationals. It will be a better day seeing them go home as they arrived, in one piece.
My car is not going to NASTY, but it will be nice, more of a
car show/cruise-in/street car ride. It should be a nice memorial to my son.
The GN was Andy's absolute passion, and now...for him,it is mine also.
You just can't do enough in a situation like this, but it help's with the pain.
I can feel him right next to me, working on these cars, and I wish he really was.
Hopefully my GN will be done by the Nats, hopefully they both will be done.
Either way, I will be there to soak up what he enjoyed so much. I regret not ever going with him. You just don't ever think it would have turned out this way, you just make the best of it. The best of it, so shall it be, no short cuts.

Happy Holidays to all,
Jeff