Update on 13th Annual Buick Turbo Car show at Bates Nut Farm in the San Diego area

hurstbuick

Well, with just a few days left before the show. Our Preregistration is going well with several sign ups so take a minute and go to the BGNRA club web site and print out a copy of the Flyer on the Car Show and fill out Pregistration form and mail back to the PO Box listed I will need form no later than 6/2/05 to process. Remember you will save $ 5.00 bucks and it helped a great Turbo Buick club in return.

Web Site: http://www.bgnra.org
or if you want I will Email you a Car Show Flyer if you email me your address
EMAIL: hurstbuick@aol.com

Hope to see all you at the Car Show on June 5

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
" Celebrating our 14th year "

The Bates Nut farm car show yesterday had the best turnout for a local BGNRA sponsored car show that I have seen for years. Steve Hurst, his wife, staff, Doug Frasure, and friends from the SoCal Grand Sports did an excellent job of organization and putting on the show. 1 real GNX, a lot of turbo buicks, about a 27 or so beautiful fully restored Buick coupe, at least 2 stage cars, and a beautiful fully restored & modified blown '40 Willys coupe were there. Some really outstanding early Buick iron there also.I took first place in '86-'87 stock t-types but I think that I did not have very many other cars for competition. Mike Barnard, (spoolfool2) off of Turbo buick.com was there and took second place in modified '86-'87 GN, beaten only by Don Wangs outstanding, beautufil and flawless highly modified '87 race GN. Some very exceptional Buick Turbo cars were there. About time that my Buick got up offo of it's arse and did something worthwhile. A lot of complients on my car, and a few non-believers on the fact that it still had it's original paint. Everybody had a great time. Although there's other Buick fun events such as the clan getting together at the Fontana drags, my hats off to the BGNRA in general and in particular to Steve Hurst, his wife, and all of the people of the SoCal Gran Sports for their assistance in making this happen. Met some really great people, too, as always. It was unfortunate that more of the local Buick turbo & Grand Sport clan could not make it.

Originally posted by Wells
[It was unfortunate that more of the local Buick turbo & Grand Sport clan could not make it. [/B]

I think it has to do with its extremely remote location. I can't believe a more L.A. localised area couldn't be found. It is a 160 mile drive from my house, and I heard 'someone' from Long Beach even comment on it being too far.

In the four years that I've been a TB spoolfool, this was the largest gathering, and best organized TB show I've seen yet. I will admit that about an hour in to the trip somewhere on a rain soaked winding road,(on BFG DRs:eek: ) I was'nt sure this was worth the long drive. This was all but forgotten as I backed my GN in next to GNX #034. This was the nicest setting for a car show I can ever remember seeing. The Quality of the cars was surpassed only by the quality of the people. The car show was voted by the all the particapants, and was very well thought out. It was neat to see so many people be recognized for there hard work. The show ended with one of the BGNRA's legendary and very generous raffels. I just wanted to say a big thanks to Steve, his wife, and crew for a lot of hard work and a great day:) .

Mike Barnard

Great cars, great people, great show. Nice to see Wells again and his showroom-new T Type. I also saw the nicest hot air build I've ever laid eyes on.

Thanks, Steve, for another great show.

Thanks for the kind words, Ken, it was good to see you again, too. Can't wait for another show. I guess Vegas will be next. Are you going to Vegas this year? If you haven't gone to Vegas for the nats, it is definitely a real kick there. Can't wait fot it to happen again this year. I believe 14-15 of October.
See everybody there.

I had a great time. Must have been really cool back in the day to see more TR's lined up together.
See you next year.:D