Unlimited racing for charity $25 all day

PNYKLR

Howdy all its about an hour and a half ride and its $25 to get in as many runs as you want all day long it also is to benefit charity.
They also have a car show as well. I didnt realize it was this weekend, but I was thinking if anyone was interested May 4th would be cool for a crew of Turbo Regals to go as a convoy

Here's the link

http://www.poconorecord.com/2003/topstory/tjd24584.htm

I may be in....

About how hfar is this from central NJ, I may be interested. I should have the bugs out of my new combo worked out by then.

It takes me about an hour and a half to get there (im 15 minutes north of NYC) its about a 90 mile trip for me and its right off of Route 80 Probably less for you since you are in NJ already .
I also stop for gas and to walk the dog so maybe an hour and 10 minutes (without speeding)

If you're going out 80, I could join you along the way. I'll finalize somehting closer to then, but it sounds good so far. That's only about 15-20 min north of my house. A few more and we could have the convoy from hell.

Sounds like a plan to me- I keep my GN in storage right by the airport, so I'd either be in my 85 Regal or the truck

Well....the motor has to come out of my car again I think. The knock is getting worse so I can't drive it.

I will, however, be running my dad's 99 Camaro SS. If you see a red SS and a blue WS6 T/A hanging out together it's me and my brother.

Looks like the weather will be decent, too.

Does anyone have a street address or directions? Is this a timed event (i.e., timeslips) or is it just a street race kind of thing?

Jim

No time slips (I dont think) looks like the weather is going to be nice, but unfortunately I got jerked on getting my truck fixed so I have no way to get down there :(

Originally posted by PNYKLR
No time slips (I dont think) looks like the weather is going to be nice, but unfortunately I got jerked on getting my truck fixed so I have no way to get down there :(

I might wimp out, too, then. My brother wants timeslips, as does my dad. Might head to Island instead.

Jim

I'm pissed cause my car is down there and I havent driven it since the 1st week of march

Don't worry, I can't make it either

I'm still working out tuning issues my self, and a forgot to pre register. Maybe next time :(

Island is doing a nostalgia drag on Sunday, so we can't race there. E-town is doing a T&T, but it says "$30 for 3 runs". That's a load of BS. So, my brother and I are heading out to the Poconos in the F-bodies anyway. Should be a fun day with the show and race. And it's for charity, so why not?

Jim

Went to the show/race....

We had a good time. My 2-year old son loved it - I was worried he'd be bored. But between the planes taking off and landing and the cars zooming down the runway he was constantly entertained.

There were 2 GNs there. One was bone stock (according to the owner) who got consistently beat by his buddy in a blown 5.0 Mustang. There was a second on a trailer (PA tags "BLK DTH") that I didn't get to see run.

I'm not sure the "track" was a full 1/4 mile. I think they balanced the race-part with the slow-down part. There was not much room to slow down. Even in my dad's SS and my brother's WS6 - both of which have awesome brakes - I missed the access road and had to turn around at the end of the runway. It was a little scary - no guardrails separating the crowd from the runway and it was bumpy (more "wavy" than bumpy, I guess).

I ran against my brother once in my dad's SS. My dad's SS feels quicker but we proved that it isn't. My brother got a better launch (dad went the el cheapo route when it came time to buy tires for the SS) and I stayed with my nose at his door the entire length of the track. There were no timeslips or any timer at all, so it was "old-fashioned street racing style". There was a 2003 Cobra drop-top there that literally made EVERYTHING look slow. There was a new Viper GTS there but they guy could not get the thing moving. He got beat by things that shouldn't have beaten him, and it was backfiring on occasion making me think it was tweaked but not tuned.

There was also the usual smattering of rice, Mustangs, and F-bodies. There was some pro-street stuff there, too (which was scary to watch bounce down the runway).

Anyhow, I'd definitely do it again but I'll have to wait 'til I get the motor back in my GN.

Jim