unleaded 100

53dogg

found a station in seattle area,auburn actually,where You can get 100 octane unleaded right from pump.Going to try a tank soon.any feedback out there,can't remember brand.I'm thinking new motor will love it! $$5.75.worth it ?????.Strictly street cruiser,thanks ,they also sell leaded 114 and 118

53doggy said:
found a station in seattle area,auburn actually,where You can get 100 octane unleaded right from pump.Going to try a tank soon.any feedback out there,can't remember brand.I'm thinking new motor will love it! $$5.75.worth it ?????.Strictly street cruiser,thanks ,they also sell leaded 114 and 118
------------------------------------
I have been using VP 100 octane unleaded out of the pump here in So Cal for about 6 months now. Haven't seen a lick of detonation since I went to it. Definitely addiciting, though. $ 5.79 a gal here, and seemingly not affected by short range ups & downs of gas pricing. I do believe, though, that I will be going to Razor's alky kit one of these days. I have a brand new in the box Razor alky kit in the garage, but going to the pump and filling up is so easy, till you see the credit card bill. It still hasn't broken me of pulling up to the 100 octane unleaded pump, though. HTH

it is 4.99 / gal here and my GN loves the stuff. I like it for the smell :)

I have an alky kit but I turn it off when I run 100. My car doesn't get out too much so I don't spend a lot of $$ on the stuff.

If you run a lot of gas through your car you may end up switching to alky.

I've been running 100UL on the street for the last 5 years. I run 23* timing and 23# of boost. With the price now hitting $6.00/gal I think it may be time to switch to alky next Spring.

carlsbadGN said:
Hey Wells:
Where do you get your 100 unleaded at the pump? .
-----------------------
Huntington Beach Car Wash, 18971 Beach Blvd., Huntington Beach, Ca., 92648, (714) 847-4924.
You might want to try this, it's closer to you, but I do not know for sure that they carry race fuel:
San clemente Car Wash, 1731 N el camino Real, San Clemente, Ca., 92672, (949) 492-5403.
I am sure if you check around, you will find some close to you at the pump also. I have heard of some stations having as much as 105 octane unleaded being sold at some pumps in ca, but I think that the most common highest unleaded pump gas is going to be 100. HTH

Georgia

i'm down here in Ga. and i can get 100 unleaded for 3.99 a gallon. Gas prices are going down now but premium was 3.29 so i just got stuck on the 100 for a few cents more. i like the smell of it and the added protection. i run it with alky but i don't drive my car that much. i just hope they keep the 100 because i think it's the only store in the chain that has it now. they took it out at all the other stores. we have 4 turbo cars here and they are all running it...i see a few v-8 cars using it too...i think they just like it for the smell too :p ................................................Bob

Wells:
I live in San Diego north county and can get 100 octane over at MechTech Motorsports in Escondido but it was $7.25 last month. Plus, they only hand pump the gas into a container. I have alky so I mix it just enough to make 93 octane overall.

carlsbadGN said:
Wells:
I live in San Diego north county and can get 100 octane over at MechTech Motorsports in Escondido but it was $7.25 last month. Plus, they only hand pump the gas into a container. I have alky so I mix it just enough to make 93 octane overall.
--------------------------
Are you sure that they are selling you unleaded. The reason that I am asking is that unleaded can be sold in Ca and pumped from a pump into a vehicle operated on the street or highway, but Leaded, regardless of octane, can only be sold in a can, or pumped into a can, but cannot be pumped into a vehicle operating on a street or highway. And the price that you are paying also sounds like leaded. Almost sounds like they were selling you leaded, but telling you that it was unleaded. If it was leaded, and you ran very much of it, expect your 02 sensor to start reading lazy, and your cat may not work well when it comes time for a smog check. HTH, and you can't beat alky. I am just too lazy to have it installed on my car yet, but it's day is coming.

100 low lead

I buy 100 Low lead (airplane fuel) here in Alaska in 55 gal drums. Just filled up today $3.40 per gallon.

Find out where guys with small planes buy their fuel, get a barrel and a hand pump. I run 22 deg and 25 pounds of boost no problem.

Den

Well, I ask for unleaded when I go there and usually confirm it is unleaded as they pump it in my can. MechTech is a custom repair facility in a business park and they don't have room (or even the market) for a gas pump. I just passed the CA smog test so it's probably unleaded.

There is a municipal airport nearby so I'll poke around over there and see what they have in fuels. Do that alky setup, Wells, you won't be disappointed.

Beware!

Low Lead AV gas is VERY HIGH in lead. Don't be fooled by the 'low lead' label....Your oxygen sensor will not last long. If you don't mind that, then go for it :)

I love 100 in the GN but the closest place that sells it is 40 minutes away :-(

There is a Sunoco station north of me an hour or more that I bought from once. He said I had to pump 100 into containers as it istn't legal to put directly into cars. I questioned the "street legal" aspect and he said "oh you can use it in cars on the street....but it isn't legal"

.....uh..buhhhhh......

The place I go now you just pump directly into the car and watch the little dials spin around at the speed of light.

It is a toss up for me. Right down the street is 110 leaded for 5.99/gal. one dollar more than 100 but 1 mile away.... so the money I save by driving for the 100 is offset by the 80 mile round trip in my Blazer to get it. Turns out to be cheaper to buy 110 and it smells better :cool:

I buy the Denzo 02 sensors for 16 bucks and they last a while as long as I don't idle a lot. I did the Woodward Dream Cruise last year and idled for 4 hours.....when I got home my check engine light was on and the inside of my tail pipes where gray/white.....killed that 02 in under 300 miles.