Uncool Jeep Grand Cherokee

SinisterBlack

ok i got this 1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo as my first car, its silver, not very exiting, and an I6, which is even less exiting:rolleyes: with 140,xxx miles. The only thing im thinking of doin to it is maybe putting mustang cobra 18" wheels on it. i need some ideas on what to do to this thing to make it an exiting car until my parents let me get my TB...help me out ive been looking but havent found anything...maybe u all know if ur older and have seen more of these things...whether it is an appearence, or performance thing...spill..
thanks

-dan-;)

The only thing I can think of is make it look more like a Limited. They have color-keyed trim. You can do it with vinyl paint. I would go to a salvage yard and get one piece of trim to practice on before committing to painting yours. Get some enamel reducer from Lowe's (wipe the part down with this first). Then use a fine Scotchbrite (the gray pad) to lightly scuff the panel, lightly! Then wipe down again with enamel reducer and spray it. Aerosol cans with practice will produce good results. Finally cover your vinyl paint with gloss clear vinyl paint and you are ready to tackle your vehicle, bumpers and all. You can even do the door handles. A set of smoked headlight and taillight covers will finish it out. This will be a minimal cost project, probably less than $125 since the covers will be around $80. Mostly it's your time. Better hurry though, winter is coming. The key is practice first; spray can paint is very thin and will easily run. It also requires multiple coats to cover properly. Never go over a panel more than once while spraying, just keep a 50% overlap and add coats until it's covered, then stop. A bugshield would also be a nice addition. I wouldn't put a set of wheels on. Just wax and polish yours. A clean polished vehicle looks better for that reason alone.

I had a Grand Cherokee Limited with the I6 as my 1st car.It was black and beautiful.I know its pretty slow but slip it in 4 lo and nothing will touch you to 60mph.Mine you would stall it right up against the convertor then punch it,the back bumper would just about hit the ground with the weight transfer.If only I were 16 again:D

Never hurt a tranny like that.My only "mods" were a $5k stereo.

Do not do anything with it, save your money. 18 year old girls and all that room sounds like a good deal to me.

yea thing is i dont think i wanna sell the jeep i have for another...i want to keep this one until i have the money and permission for a GN/T-Type, but in the meantime i want this to be a decint ride..you know? i dont wanna have a complete dud for a ride

Im 19 and I have a limited with a 5.2. I have plans for a 4" suspension lift and 33" mudders on beadlocks mostly for appearence sake. Maybe I'll put a flowmaster exhaust on it too. If youre not really into the car just save your money for when youre allowed to get something more exciting. Dont waste your money on a car and try to make it something its not. Buy the car you want when youre able to.

yeah, don't waste your money. I blew $3500 in aftermarket crap for my old 5.slow....then I got smart and bought the TR and proceeded to blow another $3500 on something worth my time and money.

Save up and go to town on the Turbo car :D