UGEO - what does it mean?

carbuff

Can someone tell me what the UGEO, UGEOS, UGEOR, and whatever other variations of this parameter that exist in the FAST system stand for? I'm assuming it's something Gas Exhaust something, but I don't have a clue about the somethings! :) And should I just ignore these values, and use the Actual A/F ratios for tuning purposes? What would I use these for?

Thanx!
Bryan

The sensors you are looking at are actually UEGO, not UGEO, but who cares... I'll quit being picky! :p I don't actually remember what the acronym stands for either.

In a nutshell, these sensors are of no use to you for tuning. They are used primarily for diagnostic purposes. About the only worthwhile info I can present for you on this subject relates to the UEGOS voltage reading. While the car is running, this voltage should stabilize at around 0.45 volts. If it does, it indicates that the sensor is working properly. The other UEGO sensors are of no use for tuning.

Craig

Craig,

Thanx! I couldn't find anything on them in the documentation, but knew they somehow related to the O2 sensor....

Bryan

UEGO- Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor :)

I'm sure we all feel so much better now ;-)

TurboTR