U.S. Brake Calipers

Why cant we get any info on these calipers ...it seems nobody is useing them,,,:)

a lot of guys are using them- but most of those guys drive in circles on dirt on friday and saturday nights. they run the bigger US brake calipers on the front, and move the stock front calipers to the rear. it works well on dirt tracks..

how well will they work on the front of a gn with big brake cylinders in the back

us calipers

The larger piston is good for 20% more pressure and that is more clamping force at the pads. If you run these with a good performance pad you will notice an improvement over the stock setup. Add a nice performance rotor and get even better results.

Okay, I did a little more investigating. I emailed AFCO the manufacturer of U.S. Brake oversized calipers. I asked them if they would be appropriate for my 87 GN. Here's what they had to say:

"These oversized calipers would increase your front braking but could cause ill handling. If your front brakes out-stop your rear brakes by too much, they can lock up prior to the rear brakes engaging well and cause handling problems when braking and turning at the same time. For improved braking, I would recommend replacing your rear drums with disc brakes and then look at replacing your fronts with our oversized front calipers."

On another thread, I found that a couple of people were having fitment problems with SSBC calipers, which were my first choice. I think at this point I will go to old reliable NAPA and just purchase replacement calipers and rotors.

SOOOO ,,,What happens to all the cars with 12 in brakes and stock rear drums,,,we certainly are upsetting the balance of the brake system there

I Would Think Big Rear Wheel Cyl And A Set Of U.s. Calipers Would Balance Themself Out Pretty Well......opinions

So now all the guys who have Wilwood 4 piston setup or those of you using Aerospace setups are all wrong ? I don't think it will hold water, just my two cents worth.

When I had the old style B body (station wagon) 12 inch brakes in the front the balance with the larger brake cylinder in the rear was excellent, no lock up in back. But when I went back to stock brakes the rears were giving me a problem so had to change them back as well.

Marty