Two issues with Alkycontrol kit just arose, help

Boostian

Ok, my kit had been installed for about a month now and running flawlessly. Smooth, tuned decent, and safe. Here's my issues:

On two occasions I have come out to my car to find the tank empty. The first time was at a weekend car show and I figured I had just used all the alky. Filled it up for the ride home and got on it maybe three times for short 4 or 5 second bursts on the way home, then parked it. Came out Friday (three weeks later, car was parked) and turn the car on, low fuel light. Check, tank is empty. Wtf. Fill it half way, check for leaks, see nothing again. Could the leak be sooooo slow I'm not seeing it?

Second issue: Friday after I put a half tank in the alky tank and start driving I hit the test button as usual. Red light comes on, engine stumbles after about 4 seconds, no green light. Try again, held a little longer through stumble, no green. Worked before? As I'm just bringing it into boost the low fuel light flickers a bit periodically. What gives? Tried cautiously to slowly bring it into boost once and light turned red at around 7psi and green it seemed around 12.

Am i having issues here? What's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the nozzle located in the uppipe above the level of the feedline where it attaches to the Alky holding tank? If not this will cause it to drain out into the up pipe.

I find that once the level in my Alky tank goes a little below half the light will flicker as I Accelerate. The sensor is in the front of the tank.

Def above tank. It's only about 5 inches from throttle body. And the kit is brand new

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
Rebuilt motor/trans, TH DP, LT1 valve springs, ARP studs, TT Chip, Scanmaster 2.1, 42.5# inj, Accufab FPR, LT1 MAF, Hallman Boost Controller, Walbro 340 (hotwired), RJC power plate, K&N filter/breathers, mini starter, , Art Carr shift kit, PPC 12" lock up 2800 stall, B&M tranny cooler, rear air bags, ATR 3" pitbull exhaust w/ cutout.

Suggest you defer "WFO" testing until U R sure that tank of alky is not going into your engine...

I would give Julio a call and see what his advice is.

I had the same problem a few months ago...the fitting that holds the filter had a crack in it...replaced the fitting and solved my leak. Julio told me this happens...the alky will crack the brass fittings.

I had the same problem a few months ago...the fitting that holds the filter had a crack in it...replaced the fitting and solved my leak. Julio told me this happens...the alky will crack the brass fittings.
Alky won't crack the fitting.. to much TQ on brass does.

Ok, my kit had been installed for about a month now and running flawlessly. Smooth, tuned decent, and safe. Here's my issues:

On two occasions I have come out to my car to find the tank empty. The first time was at a weekend car show and I figured I had just used all the alky. Filled it up for the ride home and got on it maybe three times for short 4 or 5 second bursts on the way home, then parked it. Came out Friday (three weeks later, car was parked) and turn the car on, low fuel light. Check, tank is empty. Wtf. Fill it half way, check for leaks, see nothing again. Could the leak be sooooo slow I'm not seeing it?

Second issue: Friday after I put a half tank in the alky tank and start driving I hit the test button as usual. Red light comes on, engine stumbles after about 4 seconds, no green light. Try again, held a little longer through stumble, no green. Worked before? As I'm just bringing it into boost the low fuel light flickers a bit periodically. What gives? Tried cautiously to slowly bring it into boost once and light turned red at around 7psi and green it seemed around 12.

Am i having issues here? What's going on?

There is a leak. Guaranteed. Check the pump for wetness, check the fittings for wetness. Sometimes a hose is simply left loose. This will also cause the LED not to change from red to green if the leak is on the pressure side.
The places I see leaks typically.. at the tank nipple, the hose/fitting connections at the pump, and hose connections at the the filter. Typically places lower than the outlet of the tank.
A cheap way to find leaks is use washer fluid from the auto parts store.. its 1.99 per gallon.. put that in the system and if there is a leak, the blue dye will show you where. Just don't put the car into 20+ psi boost until you get meth in it.

Thanks guys. I'll tinker around with it when I get some time. Gives me some direction

Def have a problem somewhere because the tank was bone dry when I checked this morning

Rebuilt motor/trans, TH DP, LT1 valve springs, ARP studs, TT Chip, Scanmaster 2.1, 42.5# inj, Accufab FPR, LT1 MAF, Hallman Boost Controller, Walbro 340 (hotwired), RJC power plate, K&N filter/breathers, mini starter, , Art Carr shift kit, PPC 12" lock up 2800 stall, B&M tranny cooler, rear air bags, ATR 3" pitbull exhaust w/ cutout.

Last edited:
Found problem. Julio, check PMs plz

Found problem. Julio, check PMs plz

What was your prob? It may help others.

The leak is coming from between the plastic cap on the pump and the metal body of the pump. I went over all the fittings and eventually found the slow drip. When I figured out the location I figured it may be a matter of tightening the Allen screws a bit and found the one in the 12:00 position to be completely stripped, causing a weak seal. The leak is directly to the right of the Allen screw.

The leak is coming from between the plastic cap on the pump and the metal body of the pump. I went over all the fittings and eventually found the slow drip. When I figured out the location I figured it may be a matter of tightening the Allen screws a bit and found the one in the 12:00 position to be completely stripped, causing a weak seal. The leak is directly to the right of the Allen screw.

Then the pump needs to come back in for a new diaphragm.

Address is on website.

Thanks for the reply. I'll ship out tomorrow or Tuesday.

I'm having the same leak. Very bottom of the pump, drips from the plastic piece. Tightened the screws and still leaks.

Julio - pm me I have a few questions.

I'm having the same leak. Very bottom of the pump, drips from the plastic piece. Tightened the screws and still leaks.

Julio - pm me I have a few questions.
Guys.. please call me. PM's take up a lot of time (y) If the pump leaks.. there is nothing you can do except send it in for service. Nothing else. Address is on website.
Biggest problem is having contact info sent in with pump so I know who it belongs too :banghead: and how to get ahold of the sender

I keep a spare on the shelf, swap it when needed, and send the bad one in for a rebuild. No downtime. Rebuilds are reasonable.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app