Twin turbo stage II car

what intercooler are u using?

I fabricated a mock-up out of illustration board. It was built to utilize all available space between my headlight cups and the top of my header panel to the bottom of the bumper. I glued 2 inlets to the top and one 90 degree outlet to the bottom. I glued 2 threaded bungs to the top and 2 on the bottom where a lower support angle would go. I drew the upper and lower tank dimensions on it with a Sharpie. I then brought this weird looking "cardboard intercooler" 120 miles away to Jack Cotton. And told him "build it exactly like this". There was no room for era.
Joeys car pics 004.jpg

Imagine below, the intercooler in front of this motor. It feeds to the top through to the bottom. No center tank to kill air-flow to the radiator and no wasted tube and fin space.
Joeys car pics 004.jpg

Well guys . I decided to go back to single turbo cuz i want to pay off my house first. So meanwhile i have headers and downpipe already and didn't cost me any money and my kids want to ride in this car this summer so i want to get it going too.

Well guys . I decided to go back to single turbo cuz i want to pay off my house first. So meanwhile i have headers and downpipe already and didn't cost me any money and my kids want to ride in this car this summer so i want to get it going too.

Sorry to hear that. I understand you though. I didn't own a home, have a wife or children. It took me about 3 years to do the fab work and another year to work out most of the bugs. So many times I lost incentive and wanted to just walk away from it all. Jack kept me going and smarted me up from time to time. Also, every spring when I started seeing everyone's hod-rod come out for the first time, my stomach would hurt because mine was in pieces in the garage. The time it took did spread out the cost though.

If it makes you feel better, I'll tell you that we all know it doesn't have to be twin-turbo to be fast or pretty. Keep it simple and remember "God is in the details".

I fabricated a mock-up out of illustration board. It was built to utilize all available space between my headlight cups and the top of my header panel to the bottom of the bumper. I glued 2 inlets to the top and one 90 degree outlet to the bottom. I glued 2 threaded bungs to the top and 2 on the bottom where a lower support angle would go. I drew the upper and lower tank dimensions on it with a Sharpie. I then brought this weird looking "cardboard intercooler" 120 miles away to Jack Cotton. And told him "build it exactly like this". There was no room for era.
View attachment 244428
Imagine below, the intercooler in front of this motor. It feeds to the top through to the bottom. No center tank to kill air-flow to the radiator and no wasted tube and fin space.View attachment 244428
Outstanding!

My patience isn't what it used to be. Mostly because I have to work under the most deplorable conditions these days. It takes the wind out of your sails when you have to lay on cardboard and have your girlfriend hold a flashlight for you in the freezing cold.