TV-Wire Clip / Clamp - Which Bellhousing Bolt?

Jan Larsson

Been missing the clip/clamp that holds the TV-Wire to one of the bellhousing bolts ... however which of the bellhousing bolts should it be attached too (got hold of a nice used clip recently) ?

Picture or illustration of some sort would be great ! (then I can see if I can actually get to it or not).

Appreciate any help.

Jan

i have never seen one connected , to my knowledge it was part of the cable but never used

Hi Jan,
Look on figure #6 and see if this would help you out

Attachments

• TV Detent cable Clip location .pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
that is showing the location on the back of driverside head , never found one bolt there on a gn

that is showing the location on the back of driverside head , never found one bolt there on a gn
I know the picture don't show the TV cable clip/metal strap, but on figure #6 on #2 bolt there is a clip that holds the TV cable to the transmission housing.
When I replaced my TV cable it was a pain to installed the TV cable back onto the clip/metal strap and then try to bolt it on the transmission housing.

Been missing the clip/clamp that holds the TV-Wire to one of the bellhousing bolts ... however which of the bellhousing bolts should it be attached too (got hold of a nice used clip recently) ?

Picture or illustration of some sort would be great ! (then I can see if I can actually get to it or not).

Appreciate any help.

Jan
Jan, Can you post a picture of the TV cable clip/clamp Thanks

Hi Jan,
Look on figure #6 and see if this would help you out

GNONYX- Do you happen to know where I can get my hands on a PDF copy of the entire Engine Description Manual? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all, really appreciate it.

Here's pictures of the clip ... so is it attached to the head or to the bellhousing, sounds like it should be the bellhousing bolt?

TRANS KIKDOWN CABLE TV - CLIP.jpg TV-Wire_Clip.jpg

Thanks all, really appreciate it.

Here's pictures of the clip ... so is it attached to the head or to the bellhousing, sounds like it should be the bellhousing bolt?

View attachment 247818 View attachment 247819
To be honest Jan, I don't remember if I bolted to the DS heads or the top left ears of the transmission housing.
Before bolting, see which way the TV cable fits without any bends and then use the mounting hole for the TV cable clip.
If possible see if you can take a picture after the TV cable installation. Thanks

The bolt for the TV cable goes into the head, I just removed one from an original GN the other day when changing the engine.

Guess I should have kept the clip instead of throwing it away?

Thanks Nick for the clarification
I can imagine how many has thrown away the clip when replaced the TV cable

The bolt for the TV cable goes into the head, I just removed one from an original GN the other day when changing the engine.

Guess I should have kept the clip instead of throwing it away?

Nick any idea of the lenght of the bolt? I know they are M10 (at least on the TTA) and possibly 16mm long? I presume they used the same setup on the TTA as well?

Not sure how easy it is to get back there with the engine in the car (my TTA) but will have a look later today.

Again thanks for all the help.

Jan

Well....now I know. I always like to put things back where they belong and the last 2 times my transmission was out I tried putting the clip on either of the top bellhousing bolts and both fit ok but not perfect so next time I'll know that it goes on the head. I must have put it on the bellhousing many years ago but don't remember doing it.

Yes M10, and about 1" with my old-school, USA thinking!

Lol, thanks Nick.

Had a look at my TTA and have to remove a bunch of stuff to get down there; just to much stuff in the way so will be on my list to do :) at least I got the clip and now know where it goes as well.

Sounds like a good way to put the TV cable in a bind. Unless you're doing a concours restoration, I'd just let that cable float and be in 'its happy place'.