TV Cable

wildcard

Gbody Finatic
20130111_142522_zps0f7457f8.jpg

So the TV Cable pictured above is what I have in my Buick. It's some universal type that I put in place of the original that broke back in 2005. It's worked fine, but I recently replaced my transmission and am having trouble adjusting it. Not sure if anyone has a cable similar to mine but I've followed the directions by GM and the cable doesn't adjust when I push the throttle forward. Any help with this would be great.

Attachments

• 20130111_142522.jpg
    20130111_142522.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 111
It looks like the adjuster button is there behind the bracket and the "threads" are there on the cable but they dont look like they would self adjust as the "treads" look like they are uniform in both directions. Also there looks to be an adjustment for length of cable in front of where it attaches to the arm. I too am thinking a gauge and setting it with pressure might be the best method.

As mentioned above, or another option you can get a proper replacement at Kirban's. part #7417. Will work and fit as factory did.

Set it so that the tv cable hits max at the exact point that the throttle lever hits WOT. That is the only correct setting. tighter than that will prevent wot and looser than that will not give the trans max pressure at wot.

x2 on the pressure method

You def don't want an incorrect TV adjustment...you'll smoke your trans.