Turn around time(Pistons)

I prefer Diamond pistons. They can provide custom pistons within a week or two and they also will provide the whole package....pins, locks, rings, etc.

Diamond worked directly with Buick when the original S2 developement work was done. They seem to know what works in the V6 engine.

I was just wondering I ordered mine from diamond on 10/16/2006 through Southeast Turbo and still no pistons???.I inquired at SE Turbo three times and their answer is that they should be done really soon.I would hate going over the vendor and call diamond myself but looks like i have to.Thanks Dave.Take Care,AL.

I almost always have to wait 6 to 8 weeks with CP or J&E.

REG
Reg, you sound like you have gone through the process a few times.
This is probably the worst time of the year for ordering pistons. You are competing with all the race teams starting the new season.
Jeff

Ya but this was near the end of the 06 season.Next time I will order it will be in June,and I'll order a few different bore sizes just in case its only money.

I have been through this more than a few times and the last of Cp's I ordered in oct and Im still don't have them.

Should have let me known Reg, we are a CP distributor and also can do expedited orders.:)

If.. you know someone that builds, supports, whatever the S2, please make friends with them.
Diamond, JE, Cosworth, Ross etc., all are making pistons at max effort for the teams and if you can be included in/with one of these orders you may get your pistons a little sooner. In the NW their are several builders (that work with the Indy Lites people) sorry I don't know any of them.
BatMan (Mr. Bob Stanley in SC) may be some help.
Anyone have a drawing (group purchase?).

I use JE most of the time. 6 to 8 weeks. Of coarse they have a expediting fee ($200 to 25%)
Like you said slamming6 "Its only money":confused:

Thats a what I might have to do BAGN if these pistons dont show up JE's are what came out of the motor.I dont mind spending a little more for expediting the order.Thanks,AL.

Turn around time

Venolia gets my vote. Quick turn around and beats everybody pricewise with a piston that is a nice as a JE. Actually set side by side with a JE you can't tell the difference. Give em a call and check the website. 562 531 8463

I never really thought about venolias before dont know why,great product though I have used them on some dodge motors.Thanks Ron,Take care,AL.

Turn Around Time For Pistons

I have a set of 4.035 bore stage 2 pistons for 3.625 crank and 6.5 inch rods, J E and brand new. Anyone need them?

bob

I am running standard bore and a 6.200 rod STGMAN.I am tracking my pistons (UPS) delivery on the 01/11/077 I hope they are right.1 Thank Anyways,AL.