Turbonetics deltagate mark II?

josh rosaaen

I have one on my car and I want to have my boost spool faster and hit harder is there a way to adjust this to make it happen? I have a rjc boost controller hooked up to it now and run 17psi it starts at 5psi and starts from there. If I turn the controller all the way down it only goes to 10psi. There's a screw in the middle of the wastegate can I tighten it to hold back more pressure or have to get a different spring?

The screw in the middle only adjust 1-2 lbs. It gives the spring slightly more tension.

I would answer chucks question first and also know those gates are notorious for leaking.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399993238.840863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399993274.222107.jpg

The vacuum line tees into the turbo and to the boost controller and the bottom hose runs right into the boost controller

The screw in the middle only adjust 1-2 lbs. It gives the spring slightly more tension.

I would answer chucks question first and also know those gates are notorious for leaking.
What would be a better wastegate I'm willing to upgrade as long as it's a straight swap

I went from that same gate to a tial 38. The 38, 44 or 46 are all awesome.
I held my delta gate up to a light and could see light all around the valve.
Precision also makes a good gate but Tial is the gold standard IMO.

i have a Turbonetics Racegate on my car. After the new engine in January the boost was being erratic. I purchased a Boost Leash from Hartline and boost was still erratic. i removed my Racegate and saw the same issue as Bigjsn250...light all around the valve. The valve seat had pitting and crusty stuff on it. Tried to tackle it with sand paper and scotchbrite pads...that didnt work. Contacted Turbonetics to see about getting a new casting, they were useless to deal with as in the past. My friend and neighbor is a machinist, he took it to his shop and beadblasted it. The pitting was still there. He had his lathe guy turn the valve seat just enough to remove the pitting...Good to go ! I am wondering if the Alky has anything to do with the valve seat getting eaten. If I have to get another wastegate I will be making sure that it has a stainless replaceable seat.

Bryan