Turbo ??

TomG

I have a TA49 that the exhaust wheel took crap. I can get it rebuild for $400.00, but it has the Precision exhaust housing. From what I hear is that the Precision exhaust housing is not as good as the Garrett exhaust housing. I was never impressed with the TA49, it may have been bad when I bought it. I have the stock turbo on it now.

Should I have the TA49 rebuilt? Or put the money towards a new turbo? I can get a TE44 from Cottons for about $750.00.

Mods are MSD 50lb. injectors, Trans+, LS1 MAF, XP Plus fp, adj. FP reg., Hot wire kit for the FP, 3"thdp, Razor Progressive alky. inj. TT chip.

I'd like to get the car in the mid 11 sec. range and be reliable.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

You didn't mention what stall converter you have or if it's the stock one,so based on what you posted.

I would choose one of the newer turbos like the GT-6131 for your application and goals.

TA-49 is a great turbo, but a little outdated. I ran the E.T. and speed in my sig with a TA-49. I just put the 6131BB on this winter. Haven't had it to the track with the new turbo yet:mad: The car seems to like the new turbo though:) We'll see next year.