turbo swap

1kwick6

what gains or losses will i have going from te-44 with .62 exhaust housing with 50lb injectors to a te-61 with .82 exhaust housing and 60lb injectors freind of mine wants to swap me,will my 1/8 mile et and mph suffer because of the big exhuast housing?

Im gonna say yes. Your 1/8 mile will suffer a bit. What stall convertor are you running? With the bigger exhaust housing you will need a higher stall to help it spool up. It should really charge on the top end with that bigger housing. I think with a .82 housing you should probably have at least a 3200 stall. I my honest opinion I wouldn't go bigger than a .63 garrett housing or a .63 precision housing for street drivability and good spool up.

If you look in my sig. Ive ran this fast on a TE60 with a .63 garrett housing and a buick club orange stripe converter.

Just my $.02

I to have an old school orange stripe convertor!!! I think if i remember it is 2800-3000 stall but mine feels loose i normaly can hold 8psi on the line sometimes 10 so thats either a loose convertor or really good brakes!!