Turbo Sugre???

TLI

I recently had a broken piston and had to put a short block in my car. I went ahead and installed a 208/226 hyd. cam while it was out. I also installed an Alky Control kit, a TT chip, and RJC boost controller. I have now got what I assume is surge. The car runs good at low boost less than 10 PSI and at WOT, but in between the boost fluctuates rapidly higher and lower with throttle position. I have tried everything I know of and nothing helps. Anyonr have any ideas or do I need to do something else???

Thanks for your help.:smile:

The car runs good at low boost less than 10 PSI and at WOT, but in between the boost fluctuates rapidly higher and lower with throttle position.

:

I was wondering about the same thing. I have a car with the same symptom, boost surging up and down at part throttle. :confused:

If you are getting a lot of boost at part throttle it could certainly put the turbo into compressor surge. Do you have a loose converter?

if you guys are running a translator and ls1 maf. some of them interfere with the alky and the translator needs hotwired. shut off your alky and get into part throttle and see if it quits

disconnect alky kit and rjc. Start from scratch. Set up rod on WG to 15psi and drive the car. If it runs good you know where the problem lies. If not go back to basics with all of your settings, TPS, IAC, etc... Check your plugs, FP, also.

Thanks

Thanks for the replys!!:D I have not tried turning the alky off yet if that doesn't work I will start from scratch.

Thanks again for the help!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: