Turbo shield/cover

I believe that these sell for 500 bucks new. This one was cut for slightly bigger down pipe, but has never been installed.

Polished aluminum. With new stainless cap screws. Would go $300.00 plus ten bucks shipping to the lower 48 states.

Has a small notch in the back that could easily be filed out.

Mike Barnard

I have an uncut original, powder coated gloss black. $80 shipped
I can get photos tonight.

I believe that these sell for 500 bucks new. This one was cut for slightly bigger down pipe, but has never been installed.

Polished aluminum. With new stainless cap screws. Would go $300.00 plus ten bucks shipping to the lower 48 states.

Has a small notch in the back that could easily be filed out.

Mike Barnard
nice but its for a gn not t type and I believe its $179 on this site:
http://www.buickgn.com/turboshields.htm

Last edited:
nice but its for a gn not t type and I believe its $179 on this site:
http://www.buickgn.com/turboshields.htm

Sorry, thought you were looking for a direct fit, non OEM turbo shield.
And, no. That's not the same shield you posted a link to for 179 bucks. The one I have came from Gbody parts.
Have you looked into ceramic coating? Maybe a titanium color? Here's a pic of a down pipe and headers I had done for Gary Wells car.

Mike B.

Sorry, thought you were looking for a direct fit, non OEM turbo shield.
And, no. That's not the same shield you posted a link to for 179 bucks. The one I have came from Gbody parts.
Have you looked into ceramic coating? Maybe a titanium color? Here's a pic of a down pipe and headers I had done for Gary Wells car.

Mike B.

I am looking for an OEM fit cover like the one on my car covering a TA49 turbo, just not with the OEM factory finish.

What finish are you looking for? Chrome only, or anything except black?
Best bet is to have yours chromed or powder coated the color you want. The custom one I made is direct fit / bolt on and is wet sanded and polished black spray bomb.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I have this aluminum GN1 piece that I replaced with one of SpoolFool's limited edition pieces, but it needs to be spot Tig welded back together. (the three little spot welds holding the 2 pieces together cracked) It's been notched for a 3 inch DP.

It really is a nice piece but I have no use for it and it needs that minor and cheap repair.

AluminumTurboCover6-2.jpg

I found one half of it already and I'm pretty sure the other half is up on my garage mezzanine.

If, and that is a big if, I can find the other half, you can have it for the price of the ride.

The mounting screws will be up to you to find.

You have my interest.
Is this a solid or thin aluminum unit?
What do you mean by other half you need to see if you have?
I believe I have the stock DP. How much will the alteration for a 3" show?
Sorry for all the questions but I really want something that does not stick out as being altered.

REALLY??????

A. Did you look at the picture? Have you seen any aftermarket Turbo shields available on the market? It will stick out like a sore thumb compared to a stock cover.

B. It is a two piece part, held together by 3 Tig welds and some decorative Allen screws.

C. It's a two piece part, I need to find the other half, some of us have more than one project going at any given moment.

As to the notch for a different down pipe size, I can't even begin to say.

This thing shows a little bling, no doubt. I posted a picture of it for fucks sake.

It obviously isn't for you. Sorry I bothered to offer it up, for free.

Offer rescinded........Good luck to you in your search.

Last edited:
Eagle,
Let's clarify something here.
All Turbo shields posted and talked about here have been "Direct fit", with "Other than OEM finish".
If you want one like you have on your TA-49. Post a picture, so we know what you're looking for.

Mike B.

I guess I put the post out in the wrong way.

However, as I am new to this whole turbo thing I am going to screw up describing things that I may not be familiar with and but I do know I have an OEM silver finish cover on top of what I was told is a T-49 turbo. I was offered one today that was bought new but never used so I am good to go. Sorry for the confusing questions. As for the free offer being recinded life goes on.

I'm glad you found one. Can you post a photo of what you got, it may be something I've got to have as well to cover my TA49??