Turbo PROTECTOR coming soon!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Since I am going to a bb turbo in the near future I was messing around to come up with an easier way to protect the turbo without going thru the extra plumbing required by the other systems out there.

Should have everything up and on the site next week. Let's just say it involves using one of the billet oil filters we already sell and a line that runs directly to the turbo from that! This is so simple I am kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner. I have previously been selling an inline filter setup but this new way of doing it is a lot easier to hook up with less connections and even better filtering.

Stay tuned!

What do you think??? Everything in the group pic comes in the kit. Obviously the main component is the billet filter, going to be $169 for the ball bearing turbo kit and $189 for the JOURNAL bearing kit. Journal kit is more because it includes the oil inlet flange pictured. Ball bearing turbo kit connects directly to the oil restrictor fitting.

Will have them on the site hopefully tomorrow, got two ready to go right now.

Remember, these filters do NOT have an internal bypass so all oil going to the turbo is filtered all the time, all oil has to pass thru the filter to get to the turbo.

Here is some info on the filter itself.

CM filters were developed to better protect expensive racing engines. A filter was needed that would handle a continuous high flow of oil while filtering out small particles. The flow should not be restrictive even when the filter is partially contaminated and all the oil should be filtered all the time. The element should not be affected by moisture which erodes paper elements, and it should withstand pressure surges without collapsing or rupturing. The CM filter element meets these requirements and overcome the shortcomings of conventional filters. In the years since their development these elements have proven themselves in NASCAR, SCCA, IMCA, IRL, and NHRA racing and on countless street miles.
Conventional spin on filters have an element made from porous material (usually paper) which catches contaminant’s on its surface. The flow limitations of this design require a compromise between large pores for more flow, which also lets bigger particles through all the time or a bypass which lets unfiltered oil during times of high flow. When designing the CM filter this compromise was eliminated by going to depth filtration, where oil flows through millions of intertwined passages and contaminant’s are caught within the element. The flow characteristics of this design allows for finer filtration with greater flow without the need for a bypass. The synthetic fiber element material which is moisture resistant is sandwiched between two steel cages for surge protection.

CM elements filter out particles down to 8 microns, half the size of what the average spin-on filter does and has a flow rate even when contaminated, that is far greater than that required by any automotive application. Depth filtration extends filter element life because it can catch far more contaminates without restricting flow. Because of it’s longevity CM filters are a natural match for use with the longer lasting synthetic oils.

In an automotive engine, oil collects contaminates as it circulates through the engine, these particles should then be removed by the oil filter. Contaminant’s are present in all engines.They are a by-product of the combustion process which leaks past the piston rings. They are small particles of materials caused by the wearing of internal parts. Hot spots within an engine can cause oil decay (sludge) that needs to be removed. To be truly effective an oil filter needs to filter all the oil that goes through the lubrication system and remove these particles.
CM depth filtration removes more particles without restricting flow, providing the absolute protection needed.

Questions Most Asked
Q: Can you clean CM Synthetic Filter Elements?
A: No. CM Elements can not be cleaned because they work on depth filtration design where particles are caught within millions of tiny passages which run through out the element. This design allows for a much greater flow and the ability to hold far more particles than a conventional surface filter.
Q: When should I change my filter element?
A: Under normal operating conditions we recommend a CM filter element should be changed every 10,000 street miles. Many customers change the element every second oil change. Under circumstances when large quantities of particles are being caught, like in older engines, engines which have not had regular oil changes, new engines during break-in, or when some oil additives are used, the element may need to be changed sooner. When the normal operating oil pressure has decreased 4 lbs. to 5 lbs. the filter should be changed.
Q: How often do I change the O-ring seals?
A: Unless they are damaged they can last at least 4 filter changes.
Q: Do CM Spin-on Filters have an anti-drain back valve?
A: Yes. A flapper valve allows oil to easily enter the filter, while preventing it from draining out once the engine is shut off.
Q: Do CM filters have a built-in bypass?
A: No. The high flow of the CM element can handle more flow than that required by any automotive application, so all the oil can be filtered all the time.

Attachments

• TPkit.jpg
    TPkit.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 359
  • TPinsideviewofendcap.jpg
    TPinsideviewofendcap.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 367
  • TPendcap.jpg
    TPendcap.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 356
  • TPelementinstalledonendcap.jpg
    TPelementinstalledonendcap.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 347
  • TPelementinstalled.jpg
    TPelementinstalled.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 356
Few more pics.

Attachments

• TPelement.jpg
    TPelement.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 359
  • TPantidrainback.jpg
    TPantidrainback.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 349
  • TP1.jpg
    TP1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 348
:smile: Now on the site. TURBO PROTECTOR KIT No installed pics as my GN is all apart getting new injectors, chip, EGT, throttle body/plenum and dbb turbo.:D Basically what we are talking about here is you remove your stock turbo line and plug it. Install the oil filter included in the kit and run the braided line up to the turbo oil inlet.