Turbo Problems - Need some ideas.

No Quarter

I'm running a GT80 R-trim turbo on a 99 Mustang Cobra. I'm having some turbo issues I was hoping you guys could help me out with. This being the turbo "spot" on the net.

No matter what I do - the car makes 14.5psi. If I unplug the wastegate totally it makes 14psi - If I remove the boost controller or set it anywhere it makes 14psi.

The wastegate is a Tial 40mm - what am I missing? Is there a way to trick it that it will mame more boost? If only to rule out the turbo as part of the problem?

a wastegate is to lower boost

if the wastegate is completly closed and you cant get but 14.5# then sounds like your not moving enough exaust for that turbo ..might wanna step down on the exaust housing

if you have a blowoff valve take it off and make a block off plate to eliminate it possibly not holding and opening at 14.5# wasting the rest of the air you need to make boost with

no one cares KC please go away :)

nice to see you on here, why dont you just buy a GN and call it good!

dathan

is this an external wastegate? If so, don't you need to change springs to make more boost when it tops out like that? If it is a internal wastegate, then I would say you need to shorten the rod.

HTH

Sully

It cant be an issue with the turbo being to large - if that were the case why would boost STOP climbing at 5000rpm? I've run the car without the wastegate as well to eliminate the possibility it might be the gate. Which is external btw.

Hey Dathans - whats up bro :)