turbo kind?

turbomontecarlo

im faster then you!
so here is the story guys....i picked up a 1981 turbo monte carlo.....yes it is a stock option......but here is the thing...i cant make it go fast due to lack of knowlage about the engine...u know what i mean i dont wanna start messing things up before i know what im working with...i know the basics...size and such but i need more info...all i can find is production figures for my car nothing more.................o and can anyone help me with this problem?...........there seems to be a little hole seems to be on the manifold or the block its self...i Think its a alumnum part...well its about 3/8 round hole that exhust comes out of!!!! lol i took it to like 5 muffler shops and no one knows a damn thing about it...its like right under the turbo towards the back near the firewall...........help anyone?????????o one more thing im thinking of selling it soon any one know of a price i can sell it for?...it has 55k miles good intr. and ext. no crashes or big dents......i really need all the help i can get !!!!!

Is it near the turbo oil return line? Under the turbine (exhaust) side of the turbo?

hey b4black its the air check valve or "A" on the photograph ...what can i do to fix it? can i just plug the hole? and if so will it make my car run better?

mistake

oppps its the hole exactly under the air check valve.....i have no idea u its like that....but like it shoots out exhust

Can you take a digital picture? So we can see what you are seeing.

The AIR check valve is for the smog pump. Since you don't have the valve, you likely don't have the pump either (at least it's not hooked up correctly). You can just plug the hole. I think it would be a NPT (normal pipe thread), so go to the hardware store and pick up a plug.

I don't think this will effect how a '79 TR will run, but it will get rid of the leak in the engine compartment so you not breathing exhaust.

???

b4black sorry i made a mistake....on the other post i corrected it.....well it was a hole right under the air check valve..sorry about that....i'll try to get a camra to take a picture ..but do u know what holoe that is b4black? its about 3/8th big and perfectly round and smooth top