turbo Buick mechanics in Orange County/Los Angeles

Early_Grace

Before I shoot this car to hell in the Mojave Desert, I was wondering if there are any honest, reputable turbo Buick mechanics out here in the Orange County/Los Angeles area? I just don't want to work on this POS.
Thanks

Thanks. I'm willing to pay someone for their work, but not a couple thousand. I will shoot that car full of bullet holes before I pay that much.

give hytech performance a call in La puente and speak to SOD he will help you out..

out with old and in with the new!!!!!!!
look up Al in wittier aka "baby lou" hes the newest turbo buick guru in town :D

whats the problem with your car? i dont know much but maybe i can help

You should give the folks here a shot at it (no pun intended). Do you think the odometer has been over 100k? A 55,000 mile GN shouldn't have too many issues. Just to get the conversation going....a bad MAF or dirty fuel filter can make it run like crap.

You should give the folks here a shot at it (no pun intended). Do you think the odometer has been over 100k? A 55,000 mile GN shouldn't have too many issues. Just to get the conversation going....a bad MAF or dirty fuel filter can make it run like crap.

The car has issues because the guy changed the stock cam to a Poston 107 cam. Not only did he mess the engine up with that cam, but after he did the cam change, there were exhaust leaks and a vacuum leak on the intake manifold.
It has a new fuel filter. Not sure if the MAF is bad.

list everything that is going on with the GN. then we can have a beter understanding of where to start and help you sort it out. 2k is not that much to have Lou look at it and fix what is wrong. But, you must remember that he is fixing someone else's screw up. I can tell you, it will run awhole lot better after Lou goes through it. I live in New Mexico, and when on vacation in Cali a few years back, I stopped by his shop so he could look at my GN.

you should probably sell it, as you are impatient, and CHEAP!
you will be blaming everyone else when you blow it up.
so just sell it, besides in kalif you 'll be arrested for shooting a gun!

How much are you willing to spend to find the problem? For the price of a gasket set I would break it down to at least the long block. Work forward from there.

If you can turn a wrench, you can get plenty of good advice right here. Lots of smart guys on the board that are willing to help out.

If you can turn a wrench, you can get plenty of good advice right here. Lots of smart guys on the board that are willing to help out.

I've been rebuilding musclecars since I was 16 years old back in '84. I just don't want to work on the GN. I have other projects to deal with and didn't want another fulltime project.