Turbo Buick into a 71 Trans Am

Thanks for the compliments, I love the car and color too, my favorite, always loved the GN's but this is my favorite car, so the Turbo Buick in it is the perfect car for me...

More pics DSC00578.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

Have'nt got to the downpipe yet, I have a stock elbow from a 89 TTA with an aftermarket downpipe, does'nt fit.. however I think I can modify it. I would love to have an internally gated 3"er from a GN, I got a feeling it would fit...

Thanks.. my favorite also...that's why the Turbo Buick was the perfect choice for the project...nuthin like GN power

Sorry if I didn't see your reply, not sure I got it figured yet, I need a ecm wiring schematic to integrate the GN harness to the T/A

That looks fantastic. That's going to be one sweet ride when completed. Congrats!

if you wish to custom build your own DP, see my for sale post.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/334514-parts-your-hybrid-project.html
I think to use an aftermarket 3" DP, you'll have to modify the heater core box.
if you have not yet checked out Marc's page;
Marcs muscle car site
1981 Turbo "GN" Trans Am going under the knife - TurboBuicks.com
the wiring diagrams for the gn ecm/ign can be found by using the search as there is various posting of pdf files on the electrical for the buick.
as for the 71 TA i'll send you a pm as soon as i find the link for a complete electrical schematic on one page...i have a laminated printed copy here somewhere.

nice

Man, that will screw with people seeing the 455 emblem. You'll have a lot of questions before you open the hood. I love misdirection. Nothing as priceless as the look on someones face when their fooled. I think you could make some racing money with that car. Nice job.

Thanx Bert.... BTW that throttle bracket worked great, found a cable in the pick a part yard for $2.50 like new worked perfect!!!

Great job! No doubt this is one of the nicest Hybrid/GN projects I've seen. Just installed a GN motor in my 1992 Sonoma GT...I hope it turns out half as well as your car has when finished.