Turbo Buick Headers/Exhaust/ BOV

Sorry for the double post, just scrolled through and noticed the questions. The BOV is on a stock pipe although it has a schrader valve in the pipe as well, idk why, it was like that when I bought it. I was surprised at how much the BOV actually operates on the Buick. I bought my car with the valve already on it otherwise IDK if I would have considered it seeing as most of the time the pedal is somewhat steady rarely going from full boost/throttle to completely letting off. It works really well during part throttle changes when I'm still on the gas but have transitioned from full boost/lots of throttle to not-so-much boost and part throttle. It keeps the turbo spinning really nicely so when you go back to part throttle or let off and get right back on the gas the turbo still has momentum in it. Without the BOV, the pressure made by the high speed air hitting the throttle plate and reversing back into the compressor wheel will slow the wheel down and sometimes even try to spin it backwards (extreme case). With that being said, the back and forth is really hard on the thrust bearings in the turbo. Some people go a lifetime without a BOV and don't have any issues so making and emergency purchase by running out and getting one because it's harder on thrust bearings is not necessary. I will say that the new build has a Turbosmart BOV in it and I will run one from now on but I'm putting it where you can't see it. I'm running an XFI and speed density load calculations so the BOV doesn't cause me any problems with my tune. IF you are running a MAF car, your best bet would actually be a diverter valve that takes the metered air and puts it back into the system right behind the MAF sensor. Several manufacturers make them. The BOV on a MAF car will cause a rich spike everytime it opens. Hope this answered everything. If you guys have anymore questions let me know. --Tommy

Buyer backed out..headers and BOV still for sale. $600 +shipping for the headers and $100 + shipping for the BOV and pipe.

What is the other valve on the up pipe? Is that the shrader valve you mentioned before? Or is it for Alky?