Turbo Buick Engine Bay Restoration Correct Paint Colors and Where to Buy?

kna4977

Wanting to do some engine bay restoration and looking for leads on what paint colors to buy and where to get them. Basically anything necessary to make it look fresh and just like it came off the assembly line such as the alternator, intake, plenum, valve covers, etc. Anything silver or black.

Contact Jim...aka Phillyturbo6
His car is awesome and the best OEM restoration I've ever seen, and I've seen it in pics and in person.

Powder coating powder coating powder coating!! A lot of it is satin black. If you want to keep it looking original. I use gloss black on my parts gives it more shine. Another good thing to do is clean up the wiring harness too new wire loom and replace any connectors that are worn looking. Maybe Eddie can chime in some of his photos his stock engine bay is sweet.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389925199.329487.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389925223.695721.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389925245.711678.jpg

Powder coating powder coating powder coating!! A lot of it is satin black. If you want to keep it looking original. I use gloss black on my parts gives it more shine. Another good thing to do is clean up the wiring harness too new wire loom and replace any connectors that are worn looking. Maybe Eddie can chime in some of his photos his stock engine bay is sweet. View attachment 212118
View attachment 212119
View attachment 212120
DAMN,Those pics look way better than the did new!!:cool:

All underbody/underhood coating.be it e-coat or powder, had to do was meet a performance spec.
GM 4350M to be exact..... That means if the coating was with in a certain gloss range and the process met performance criteria. I.E, salt spray test/adhesion test/ for xhours it could be used. So exact colors are a potluck of what each supplier used.......... …:wacky:
I believe the spec called out between 20 and 40 gloss at ∆e.

Last edited:
Use the same paint for your Gnx cover up tube valve covers
All blacks use sem satin/ gloss black
Freshen your bolts degrease and it will look killer