Turbo adapter O ring

gntony

What would be the symptoms if you didn't have an O ring on your turbo adapter. Thanks in advance . Tony

Oring

Thanks for the information. Would it cause the turbo to suck oil and would it smoke? I know the turbo is not blown it is brand new.

Sounds like your turbo drain line might be leaking. It is incredably hard to put in the gromet. It has to go all the way in until the ripples.

leaking

No the problem is when I crank the car is the oil in going through the turbo and then out the exhaust. don't know what the problem is any help is welcome. Thought it might be a hole in a piston but did a compression check and all are equal at 150. But still smokes and leaks. Sent turbo to John Craig and he said it was just fine.

is your pcv system messed up? i had that problem on my 85 gn and it caused it to smoke only at idle and in gear.

keith

also check your vacuum sources they could be suckin oil and running it through the intake .

gntony
I have the vac hose from my PCV disconnected from the main vacume and just running down the back of the engine. When it was still hooked up, it would give me some of oil in the intake.

put a breather cap in place of your stock oil cap about 10 bucks at autozone...lets the engine breath a little.. it solved my proble... also make sure you have the pcv valve the regular 3.8 one won't work..