turbo 400??

TurboToy

4PLAYN
is a 400 totally streetable?? and what does only having 3 gears do the rpms at normal driving speed?? i have found a 400 with a switch pitch converter and was woundering how this set up does in out cars

Just my opinion...stay away from the switch pitch set up. I hated it. If your going to go 400, just go with a t-brake and "normal" converter. As for the rpm look for a big increase on the highway. can you say... last resort?
Although, I shouldn`t talk. I am going 400 w/ a brake.To end my trans nightmares.(if my fresh 200 fails, I`ll keep my fingers crossed)
Brian

???

what did you not like about it?? it sounds like a pretty neat set up ?? do you drive yours like a daily or just a sometimes toy?? and what rpms are you at 70mph? i am just trying to get a trans so i don't have to worry about and can contune my rebuild ... what are you other thoughts on the 400 thanks

I estimate your engine will be tacking 3300 RPM at 70 mph;

Providing: You have 26" tall tires; 3:42 rear end gears; and you have a convertor stall slippage of about 200 rpm. You may have more convertor slippage with a high stall convertor. Remember you have no overdrive or lockup. My son has this setup on his occaisonal driver and doesn't like it at all.

not goin to do it

i have decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet and have a good 200r4 built:D so that should end that nightmare. next come the susp which is goin to be the easy part i think:rolleyes: thanks for your replys on this topic it has made lots of sense

Originally posted by G McCall
I estimate your engine will be tacking 3300 RPM at 70 mph;

Providing: You have 26" tall tires; 3:42 rear end gears; and you have a convertor stall slippage of about 200 rpm. You may have more convertor slippage with a high stall convertor. Remember you have no overdrive or lockup. My son has this setup on his occaisonal driver and doesn't like it at all.

i know this is an old post but what would the RPMs @ 70 mph be w/28" tall tires, 3.42 gears, and a 3000-3200 stall converter?