turbo 350

swaggalikeus

Will a Toyota transmission bolt up to a Buick 3.8 v6 have a 81 toyota 4x4 with Buick v6 and turbo 350 transmission but no transfer case.what I have now is not 4x4 and I want to make it 4x4 again?

Will a Toyota transmission bolt up to a Buick 3.8 v6 have a 81 toyota 4x4 with Buick v6 and turbo 350 transmission but no transfer case.what I have now is not 4x4 and I want to make it 4x4 again?

It can be, Kennedy engineering is the company I used last time to hook up a buick to a toyota trans. The problem is not bolting it together - but making it last. The toyota bellhousings tend to crack with the torque a buick makes.

why not use a GM TH350 and transfercase? I have a trans and case from a 3/4ton chevy and it wasnt that bad to swap. your rear axle will become the next liability. Upgrading to the turbo/v6/4 runner rear will give you the strength you need but make sure and grab the driveshaft from the HD rear axle as the yoke is a pain to find.

A.j.

Also check with Downey Toyota. They make some neat stuff. And remember to post in the appropriat area. This is for the turbochargers not the tranny. Not trying to be mean.