"Turbo 3.8 Litre" T-shirts?

b4black

While there are plenty of T-shirts for later GN and Turbo Buicks, nobody makes anything specific to the early cars. (Which obviously are lower in demand.) I have an idea for and easy to make t-shirt that I'm hoping will be cheap enough to have some made at a local store that does silk screenig. Or better yet, if there is a TB.com memebr that's interested, they could do it and make a few bucks.

The air cleaner elbow on the 78/81 cars is red with a gold/black decal that says "Turbo 3.8 Litre", like this:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/Turbo3.8Litre.JPG

So, a red t-shirt with this decal, front and maybe back shouldn't be impossible. Anybody interested? :)

I have some other ideas, but I want to start with this.

BTW, that decal is from Jim Osburne Reproductions. They can also do emissions decals if you supply an original to work off of.

That sounds like a great idea,once thats done then we carb/turbo owners can get our own club going and have ourowen events and weekend getogethers and races against eachother(for fun of course)and discuss our speed secrets,because we all know to get these cars moving is more of a challenge then any 84-87 turbo car could ever be.It would be kinda neat to be able to get all the cool peapole on this forum together and show all those fuelinjected turbo guys how it all started and not to count us out as they always seem to.this thing could really snowball if you let it.got any more great ideas?

I think we're too spread out accross the country. :(

Bowling Green is a the best bet. Or maybe a Buick-BCA National event (but they don't usually race).

This summer, I was able to go to Wisconsin for a Buick picnic. There were FOUR carb/turbo cars there. My '83 TR, Strac Traxler's '79 Century TC, Jeff Rufenacht's '78 LeSabre SC and a '79 LSC (what's his name Starc?). The LSC's can be seen here:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/lesabre.htm

Now here the best part, Starc, Jeff and I went for a "Turbo Tour" (there was magazine artcile called this once). We each took turns driving each others cars. Pretty cool. :cool:

Rich is right , we are to far apart for a practal get togethere. Although if there was racing involed (at a track) and we ran heads up , I might be easlly convinced to drive a day or two for that :)

I like the T-shirt idea .

Sorry for being so naive guys......but can anyone tell me were is and what is Bowling Green? :confused:

Thanks Turbo-Rich,

I knew that the Florida crew will always comes through.....;)

OK here the poop from a local shop,

Two colors, small front logo, large back logo, requires four screens. At $15/screen, that's $60.

Logo may need some computer work @ $24.

Shirt are $10/each, 12 minimum.

So, a dozen would be $204 or $17 each. Plus there would be shipping to people here. This shop has a 4 week lag time.

I'm not sure many people are willing to spend ~$20 for a $10 shirt. So I going to keep looking for a better deal. This isn't a complicated design, so any shop, even one working out of a basement should be able to do it.

PS - this is exactly what the shop quoted me. It's not "for profit" for me.