Tuning Help

ryanimpalass

Looking for someone in the birmingham alabama area to dyno tune my car i blew a head gasket 2 weeks ago i just got it fixed i went with champion iron heads apr head studs since i had it apart

Do you have a scantool on the car or a fuel pressure guage that you can observe while driving?

The more mods you do to these cars the bigger hole you dig for yourself.

Unless you have an aftermarket computer like a FAST, there is no dyno tuning.

These are not LS1, 5.0, etc that are dyno tuned. You need to get someone who specifically knows the car, get a scantool like a scanmaster at the very least.. matching chip/injector.. and figure the car out at very low boost. And low boost to match the octane in the tank. Or you'll be doing gaskets or worse very soon.

Start the reading.. first mod on these cars is a scanmaster.. period.. and then learn to use the tool.

i got scanmaster adjustable fuel pressure reg. and a direct scan i just dont really know how to use any of these things thats why i'm asking for help cause this last fix tore my pockets apart

Turn boost all the way down to stock settings FIRST.
since you have the scanmaster do research, get a pen and paper and write down what the letters/numbers on the scantool means and what they are suppose to be and how to set each one.

then post back the #'s on here so we can see what you see.
then we can creep up on the tune sloooooooowwwly.:wink:

turn boost all the way down to stock settings first.
Since you have the scanmaster do research, get a pen and paper and write down what the letters/numbers on the scantool means and what they are suppose to be and how to set each one.

Then post back the #'s on here so we can see what you see.
Then we can creep up on the tune sloooooooowwwly.:wink:

+1

Read, read, read, read. Put some coffee on and settle in for some long nights. This board has all the info you need to keep your car running like it should. These TR's are different animals....

The GN I just bought Sat has a scanmaster in it. Is there a manual to be gotten for it. It's useless to me if I can't learn it. Thanks.