tuning for smooth cold idle

After you spend enough time to get a general idea of what the ecm is doing, you'll realize that by only making changes via TunerPro places limits on what you can accomplish. You have to make program changes to really make a difference.

Deciphering the instruction set seems intimadating at first but we're using an 8-bit processor that is simple compared to what's in your home computer. In addition, you don't need any special compiler software to make program changes. I used a hex editor for years with excellent results.

Lastly, everything you need as reference material is readily available thanks to the Internet and when you have questions, there are people who can answer them.

If you already have the capability to make chips, get a copy of the program (downloaded from gnttype.com), get a Motorola M6800 Reference manual or instruction map then start thinking about what you would change if you could (because now you can).:cool:

Dennis

I agree with everything you said, but for the initial statement, "Programming is not that difficult".

It depends what a persons strong suits are, as to whether they will think it is easy or not. While I can do it, it doesn't come easy to me. Some people can understand the interfaces provided by a GUI, but looking at the code in a hex editor might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphics! :eek:

I can do the tuning part with a GUI that is already done, the hex editing is a different story, lol. After the car is back together I just may give it a shot!