TTA radio

89SandBagger

I currently have the stock radio in my TTA..When I play a tape, then eject it, my radio goes fuzzy, as if it were to have no antenna. But after a few minutes it will kick back on, could it just be a lose wire or something worse? I am also just concidering putting a CD player in it..I forgot how much of a pain it was to rewind tapes;) I'm a big fan of the Nakamichi CD players, however i'm not sure if there will be any cutting involved when installing it, and that i dont want to have to do. So my other question is, will it be possible to use an aftermarket CD player without cutting or other permanent changes? Thanks:cool:

I would repace it with a new one since its giving you problems. Very easy to do remove the three T-15 screws and remove the 4-7mm or 1/4" screws. Get a installation kit, wiring hardness (to make it easier) and a GM-6 antenna adapter. You will need to reuse the stock radio brakets. And as for Nakamichi, I don't care for it too much not as good as before. IMO go with a Alpine, Kenwood or a Pioneer.

Originally posted by 89SandBagger
however i'm not sure if there will be any cutting involved when installing it, and that i dont want to have to do. So my other question is, will it be possible to use an aftermarket CD player without cutting or other permanent changes? Thanks:cool:

And as for the cutting. NO. "BUT" the deck will stick out alittle. If you want it flush inside some cutting or modification is required.

Thanks for the info, Im not to concerned if it sticks out a little,just be happy to get rid of the tape deck.:D Any ideas what good models Alpine is making? I havnt even picked up a car stereo review for about 3 years, so I have no what is going on in the car stereo business.

this is what i use !!!!!

i have a brand new pioneer dehp47dh,which is a factory size and fit plug in cd am/fm radio.no modification or sticking out.the radio is also xm satellite ready !!!! you can have it with antenna
for $245 shipped to you!!!! what do you think

Any of the Alpine models are good, just look for the one you can afford.