ttt1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 178
And another!!!:p

Attachments

• ttt3.jpg
    ttt3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 159
and another!!!!:eek:

Would you believe I paid $9000 for her and that I've had the tires and rims for over 10 years in my garages?!

Attachments

• ttt4.jpg
    ttt4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 161
Originally posted by So Cal TTA#110
and another!!!!:eek:

Would you believe I paid $9000 for her and that I've had the tires and rims for over 10 years in my garages?!

I hope you had those tires protected or something, Wheels look nice. Did you just buy the car?

I looked at one out in So Cal might have been yours?

Did you purchase the car in Monrovia ? I looked at one last summer that had about that many miles on it. It was very nice. I was very interested in it but there was a problem with getting the title

Originally posted by phil conrad
Did you purchase the car in Monrovia ? I looked at one last summer that had about that many miles on it. It was very nice. I was very interested in it but there was a problem with getting the title

Yep, thats the one I looked at, Scott, he was real nice and even though I had given him a deposit, when he couldnt get the title he sent it right back. It was a real nice car.

Phil

Yep it took 5 months of waiting for her but I finally got it!
Tires were used when I bought them and are a little hard but will work til I can afford some Firehawks. But I'll probably buy some DOT slicks for the stock rims so I can see what she'll run at the track.
She came with Turbolink/laptop and Scott's web page.Haven't had a chance too do anything with it yet. The web page that is. I've tried the Turbolink. Still learning about it though. From what I see everything looks Ok just need some tweaking.

Jeff

Jeff I am currently running a pair of M&H racemasters on a second set of rear wheels, Not all that nice but good for race wheels. ANYWAY, Im running a 305/40/16 and they look and HOOK great.

Yea T link takes a little time but shes a good running car when I drove her.

Good luck

Hey Phil

Wow you fit 305/40/16 on stock reat rims. Are they DOT? California Speedway requires DOT tires to run . No slicks!

Thanks Jeff

The other tire of choice is the Nitto Drag Radial..

I done a 1.69 60 foot on them at 20lbs air pressure and leaving the line at 6lbs of boost all stock suspension.Others have managed better than me...And they're suppossed to last 10-15k miles.

The M&H's are great tires..but are not radials.

Jeff,

How often do you go to Cal. Speedway ? I live about an hour
south from there in Temecula. Maybe would could hook up there
sometime. I have never been there and would like to try it out.:)

Originally posted by Razor
The other tire of choice is the Nitto Drag Radial..

I done a 1.69 60 foot on them at 20lbs air pressure and leaving the line at 6lbs of boost all stock suspension.Others have managed better than me...And they're suppossed to last 10-15k miles.

The M&H's are great tires..but are not radials.

Well I didnt like the nittos, they are SMALL for a 245/50 and unless you have a real nicely prepared track they dont hook any better than a radial.

No the M&H's arent radials but they hook like mad.

Just my experiences

Phil

I have to agree with Julio, Nittos work for me also. I've scored quite a few 1.6x short times. The best being a 1.65. They are on the car everyday of the year. So far, I have about 5500 miles on them. Looks to be about half tread. These are not lasting as long as the ones I had on my 96 WS6. Those lasted 14K miles and had countless trips to the drag strip.

They are a great all around tire that's even good in the rain!

IMHO :)

Phil I agree wit the meatier look the M&H's have..but one important detail for me personally, was that the Nitto's are a V rated tire..and I like to hunt at high speeds.Bias ply tires are not designed for sustained high speeds.As far as these hooking like regular radials...on my worst launch with these I still better'd the best launch I ever had using my Comp TA's..and that was a 1.96 feathering it out of the hole.All the rest of the time I was in the 2.0 2.1 range.

A bias ply tire will smoke a radial any day of the week as far as 60 foot consistency....but for all around dual purpose tire...the Nitto drag radials cant be beat.And our cars just seem to love these.

TIA

Nittos for the street and lazy track days and Im getting another set of Quick Time Pros for the track. I loved those tires. Hooked like mad. I was leaving at 20psi and couldnt get them to spin!

Hi all

I think Iwill look for a set of M&H Racemasters like Phil. Phil where did you get your Racemasters and how much?
I had a set of BF Goodrich Drag Radials on my Z. Best 60' was a 1.90. I know their small size was part of the problem. With the stock rear rims off I can put a full on DOT drag tire on them.
Size does matter when it comes to traction. For the street I would like to put Firestone Firehawks when I can afford them. Phil, send me your photo point link. Please.

Frank, I will post in advance when my next trip to CA Speedway is. First I need traction = tires.

Tony, will try and get some engine pics up this weekend.

Jeff