TTA Festival cloth car #14 is for sale

I typically buy and sell them sight unseen, but still have that "oh boy, let's see what happens" feeling each time. I think people should SEE them (or choose not to) before placing a bid, especially a winning bid. I interview my bidders a bit to make sure they actually have money, as I know I'm not selling junk and don't have spare time for foolishness.

On this #14, my initial jump at the $20K price was assuming it was an all-original low mileage babied/pampered car. It still sounds an awesome ride at that price, but my thing is the pristine ones. Sounds silly to collect them and then trailer them to shows, but that's what I like. I build other (not rare) cars to get my drag racing fix.

Mike

Setting the record straight

I'd like to set the record straight with TTA #14.

This car has the original numbers matching motor, nothing more to say about this. It has not ever had any body work other then a repaint on the small lower air dams right behind the front wheels...the ones on this car were VERY yellow and I did not like the looks of that....the rest of the paint is circa 1989. It has never had a rollbar nor was it abused....that's really what got the ball rolling about selling it...I was a nervous wreck every time I drive the car let alone took it to the track. I took care of this car like it was my child, ask my wife;)

The car was waxed probably too much, stored in a climate controlled car trailer, and in the years I owned it she only saw rain twice. Oh, before I bought this car, TTA 14 sat in a climate controlled car museum.

For those of you who think they know about the car (you know who you are) you need to back the F off and mind your own business. It's totally uncool for you to be spreading rumors or telling people about something you have no idea. I've spoke with Bo about this matter at great length and I'm livid for him!! The man is trying to sell a sweet example of a festival car, stay out of it.

Enough said before I really say things I should not.

Only real way to tell is sign out sheet from the actual race.If one wanted to clone they better know who has what car and ask.... kinda like a GNX... I was contacted about my car being at the race and moved on to cold calling to varify....All was true. Not very many people can do that. My car is got to be one of the rarest of the Festival TTA's.
TT/Ameasap,
How did you verify your car was at the Race and what does this mean? I thought all the Festival cars were at the track during the month of May. They were assigned at the track to different people in varoius capacities. For example mine was assigned to a guy named "Bob Tezak". He owned Arye Luyendyk's car. He made his money creating the UNO card game. He drove the car while his race team was at Indy. I am not sure if he had the car the entire month, but the car assigned to the Press pool at the track so writers could take it out if desired. Now if your car was used in the Indy Parade, this is a possibility and not all the 150 TTAs at the Track in May were used for this function.

I am not questioning your statement, just curious about the details.

Who did you cold call to get your information? I would certainly like to do more research on mine.

Sounds like it is a VERY nice :biggrin: car and I am sorry to hear you are having problems with a dead beat bidder!

- Dave

I too can vouch for this car, and the previous 2 owners before Bo. CLEAN CLEAN CAR..................... always been taken care of behond belief. Trying to talk my Father into buying it to get it back here to KC!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

And I can vouch that the car was at the track as I have most of the signout sheets and this car was driven by Bob Lamey of WNBC from 5/4/89 to 5/30/89.

it was signed out by Randy Fox and they have it listed as Festival number #115 at the track. :)

I think I just heard this vehicle is coming to my neck of the woods. Congrats to the new owner.

Davege,
I know you did not post your festival number but If your vin ends in KL227409 then,

Your car was signed out to Bob Tezak from 5/9/89 to 5/22/89. it was signed out by Bill (not sure who that is as most where signed out by Randy Fox). It is listed as Festival #130 and was only driven by Bob.

hope that helps.

John

And I can vouch that the car was at the track as I have most of the signout sheets and this car was driven by Bob Lamey of WNBC from 5/4/89 to 5/30/89.

it was signed out by Randy Fox and they have it listed as Festival number #115 at the track. :)

I think I just heard this vehicle is coming to my neck of the woods. Congrats to the new owner.

John, I'm interested to see what a sign out sheet looks like. I don't own a festival car but I do own the no 134 festival license plate. I got the name of the driver for 134 somewhere in my files but any chance you could scan the signout sheet for 134 you think would be really cool that way I woudl also know the VIN of that TTA. Drop me a line to jlarsson@london.com

Hi Jan,
I am moving from one office to another so I still have to hook my scanner up again. I do have the signout for #134. They actually are a very basic 8x10 piece of paper for each car with car#, vin # on top, then a list of of showing who requested the car, who drove it and from which dates. Here is your info.

car#134 should belong to Vin # KL227610

It was driven by Chuck Marlowe from Channel 4.

He used it from 5/2/89 - 5/30/89 and was the only driver.

Hope that helps and confirms your info.

John

Davege,
I know you did not post your festival number but If your vin ends in KL227409 then,

Your car was signed out to Bob Tezak from 5/9/89 to 5/22/89. it was signed out by Bill (not sure who that is as most where signed out by Randy Fox). It is listed as Festival #130 and was only driven by Bob.

hope that helps.

John
John,
Yes this is my car. Thanks for the information. :) When you get a chance would you please make a scan or copy of the sign out sheet of my car for my records.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Jan,
I am moving from one office to another so I still have to hook my scanner up again. I do have the signout for #134. They actually are a very basic 8x10 piece of paper for each car with car#, vin # on top, then a list of of showing who requested the car, who drove it and from which dates. Here is your info.

car#134 should belong to Vin # KL227610

It was driven by Chuck Marlowe from Channel 4.

He used it from 5/2/89 - 5/30/89 and was the only driver.

Hope that helps and confirms your info.

John

Thx John, that's the name I got as well as the driver of no 134 during the event. If you don't mind scanning and e-mailing me the signout document for 134 when you have time it would be great to have with the licenseplate.

Cheers

Jan