TTA Exhaust is Finally Done!!!!!

Turbo-J

Gold "Member" Ya Baby!!!
Well, I finally had my exhaust done today & it turned out great. I waited over a year to do it, witch is way to long for me, but that gave me a chance to go a different route than most other people. It took time researching & hunting down the muffler & tips I wanted & the exhaust shop to do it. My plan was larger diameter high flow exhaust that was stock appearing. The kicker is having a nice throughty V8 rumble as V6's in general can get raspy & sound like and angry bee. It seems like everyone has Flowmaster/ Magnaflow/ Hooker,etc. I just wanted to stand out & take a little risk & I think it paid off. Here's what it got: Cat-delete, from the cat area back, custom 3" inch into a Corsa stainless steel cross-flow muffler
3' inlet/ dual 3" outlets. 3' tail pipes were made & I used factory appearing 3" tips from Stainless Steel works.

I was a little nervous, not knowing what it was going to sound like, but to my knowledge, I think I'm the first one to attempt using a Crosa muffler on a TTA or a 3.8L Turbo Buick engine.( I watched alot of exhaust/ sound videos) This Corsa muffler can only be bought with there entire cat back stainless steel systems witch are like $1200+ and are not available separately. (I tried) I got lucky buying this one from someone who was keeping there stainless pipes but going a different route on their muffler & I was at the right place at the right time. Its in like new condition in/out, the guy said there was less than a 1k miles on it & it shows.

I maid a couple videos before with stock exhaust, after with Corsa exhaust and a ride along with the new Corsa exhaust. I posted them on youtube, hopefully they come out good as I never took or posted videos before.( My voice sounds different on video, kinda weird) Let me know what you guys think, Thanks!!!!

YouTube - 1989 TTA Stock Exhaust, Cat Delete
YouTube - 1989 TTA, Corsa Exhaust, Cat Delete
YouTube - 1989 TTA, 20th Anniversary, Pace Car,Ride along with new Corsa Exhaust

did u notice @ 1:02 on your video the condensation from inside the exhaust leaking at a conection in the pipe ? sounds nice I have the hooker exhaust

did u notice @ 1:02 on your video the condensation from inside the exhaust leaking at a conection in the pipe ?