TSM legal Turbo Question

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
Is the Billet HPQ-70 or 71 available? Don't they have to be available to everyone by a certain date to be legal for the season?

Sully

I do not think there is a 70 available yet. If there is, it would have to been available last Nov. 1st to be legal:

http://www.t6p.com/tsm/rules08.html
Turbo

* • Single 3-bolt turbo only.
• Maximum size compressor wheel inducer size is less than 71mm. Inlet bore cannot exceed 71.5mm to allow for machining tolerances. Maximum compressor wheel exducer size is less than 103mm.
• No sleeves, welding or cold weld epoxy on any exterior surface of the turbo compressor housing to allow a larger than “70mm” compressor wheel to be installed is allowed.
• One of the following turbine exhaust housings is allowed: A Garrett P/N's 430832-4 and 430832-5, PT&E P/N's THB376, THB380, THB576 and THB580, Turbonetics P/N's 20240-63 and 30340-82 3 bolt turbine housings that were available November 1 of the previous year. The FSA turbine exhaust-to-downpipe flange connection must be used.
• Any air intake to turbo allowed.
• Any wastegate configuration acceptable, external wastegate(s) must be plumbed back into the exhaust system, no external dumps allowed.
• CO2 allowed for wastegate actuator.

Not sure, but I think there was something that was too big on the 71...not sure though.

What have you heard? I haven't heard anything about it yet...

So, if there is some type of new turbo, and the general public does not have access to it....it would be illegal? Right?

What day does all this happen? I am trying hard to get there in time:biggrin:

Peer Tech/RRA Technical inspection occurs on Friday morning (usually about 10AM it is to be announced at least one day prior to the inspection).

Everyone is required to remove the inlet hose to the turbo compressor inlet for plug measurement. The weigh-in portion of Peer Tech is a courtesy weight check only...the only time weight is imperative is after a qualifying or elimination pass.

The billet 70MM compressor wheel measures 70.5mm (inducer) and 102.5mm (exducer). So far we like the results we have seen. :eek: :cool: As far as the rules, we have that covered. :wink:

Tony, I hear there will be good deals on popcorn at tech with proceeds going to payouts.

popcorn-machine.jpg

The billet 70MM compressor wheel measures 70.5mm (inducer) and 102.5mm (exducer). So far we like the results we have seen. :eek: :cool: As far as the rules, we have that covered. :wink:

Tony, I hear there will be good deals on popcorn at tech with proceeds going to payouts.

]

Who is We? Are you running?

How about you, gonna make it this year

Nope! Not to BG anyway... Never said I was, I learned my lesson last year about saying what I AM going to do:redface: I was just wondering who "we" were... Didn't know if Ted meant Dave or what:confused:

"We" as in BWR have the motors and cars to run in EVERY class at BG. We just don't have the time right now. Trying to keep the shop open... The economy sucks!

I thought you hated Ted:confused: I can't keep up with you boyz:tongue:

Hmmm... Harry has publically stated the billet 71 is illegal for TSM. :wink:

Hmmm... Harry has publically stated the billet 71 is illegal for TSM. :wink:

I thought this was about the 70mm billet wheel and not the 71? The 71 is old news. :confused:

It's amazing what the turbo technology is doing these days. I remember when the run of the mill Precision/Limit/Turbonetics 70 was lucky to get into the 9's at all........ :biggrin:

Are you coming up to Norwalk? :cool: