TRZ rack & pinion?

We did a TRZ rack install on a GN a couple years ago and went through the frame with the steering shaft as shown in the pic below.

After this I decided to just do my race car with a S-10 manual box, Baer brakes and G-body arms which saved me about 100 pounds and still have excellent steering. :)

View attachment 150095

I really do not like the idea of cutting hole in frame or losing frame braces. I am not sure how much it weakens the frame or if it is an issue but it has to weaken it.

Michael

I saw a monti carlo at the car show that had it through the frame . He welded in a steel tube that the shaft went through.

Another good thing about the 1st gen spindle, is more weight savings. The negatives is that you will need new brakes again and the added cost of the billet steering arms.

I tried TRZ a-arms, the passenger side contacted the Turbo downpipe (due to the arc's he bends in them) when i was Assured they'd fit!!. was a real pain in the ass, TRZ won't even work on GN's because problem with past build they did. TRZ's stuff is straight line 1/4 mile only equipment ,not strong enough for the Street! I'd leave'm to the Malibu's ( his specialty)...just a heads up,Beware! (i've been to TRZ, i'm down the street)

Good luck

I tried TRZ a-arms, the passenger side contacted the Turbo downpipe (due to the arc's he bends in them) when i was Assured they'd fit!!. was a real pain in the ass, TRZ won't even work on GN's because problem with past build they did. TRZ's stuff is straight line 1/4 mile only equipment ,not strong enough for the Street! I'd leave'm to the Malibu's ( his specialty)...just a heads up,Beware! (i've been to TRZ, i'm down the street)

Good luck

It sounds like your talking about the TRZ control arms. I believe this thread they are referring to the TRZ steering arms.